Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PocketGPSWorld.com release CamerAlert on the iPhone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PocketGPSWorld.com release CamerAlert on the iPhone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwoodland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: CamerAlert Reply with quote

hi Guys - the app sounds great and i'd love to buy it.

I have had the speed camera database in the past on my standalone tom tom. now i have iphone tomtom and it is great. however as the tomtom app cannot run with your app at the same time i won't be able to buy which is disappointing. Any ideas if/when tomtom will allow custom poi's so that i might then be able to add your database? or when apple will allow both apps to run at the same time or if you will be working with tomtom to integrate your camera data?

frustrated Confused

Ian W.

Last edited by iwoodland on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert Reply with quote

iwoodland wrote:
hi Guys - the app sounds great and i'd love to buy it.

I have had the speed camera database in the past on my standalone tom tom. now i have iphone tomtom and it is great. however as the tomtom app cannot run with your app at the same time i won't be able to buy which is disappointing. Any ideas if/when tomtom will allow custom poi's so that i might then be able to add your database?

frustrated Confused

Ian W.

there's nothing stopping you having both. i have 6 navigation apps and 5 speed camera warning apps - obviously i don't use all at the same time but there's a lot of times when i just want speed camera warnings and not navigation so CamerAlert gets used in those instances.

and, it's only 59p!

MaFt
iwoodland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI MaFt

thanks for that. i agree i'll probably do that. what i can see happening is though that i'll use the cameralert app in my local area - where i already know where the camera's are - but when i'm travelling which i do alot of with work, i use tomtom so i know where i'm going - and that's when i need both. i'll just have to rely on tomtom's built in camera alerts and hope they keep them upto date or open it up to allow poi database additions

Ian
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwoodland wrote:
i'll just have to rely on tomtom's built in camera alerts and hope they keep them upto date

Laughing Laughing Dream on! Sorry but they've been offering their rubbish speedcam data for years now and it's as worse today than it was when they first started Confused
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted my post as others beat me to it!
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation MaFt (and the implied clearance for giving them the info Question Razz - I'll see what the POI-Warner people are prepared to do with the info!! Wink
pauldgardner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: TomTom iPhone mount Reply with quote

Hi,

I think this may have been answered before but I can't find it.

Firstly congratuations on a superb app for the iPhone which I have bought and installed. It is excellent.

My question is this. If I buy a TomTom iPhone mount with its inbuilt GPS, will that GPS information be used by your app or does it only use the iPhone internal GPS?

Keep up the good work !!

Paul
jowett69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyD wrote:
jowett69 wrote:
mcqueen wrote:
Great app!

Wondering whether it’s possible to have CamerAlert running in the background providing Sound Warnings whilst using the TomTom app. Has anyone tried this? Could be a good reason to JB.

ITS APPLE!! they don't allow multi-tasking!!!!!

The OP did actually say "Could this be a good reason to JB"

Embarassed !!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It uses the GPS information from the TomTom Car Kit by just placing it in the powered mount, if you want to get the benefit of the amplified speaker in the mount then you pair the iPhone to the mount via Bluetooth - Mike
mcqueen
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
It uses the GPS information from the TomTom Car Kit by just placing it in the powered mount, if you want to get the benefit of the amplified speaker in the mount then you pair the iPhone to the mount via Bluetooth - Mike

My iPhone 3GS only needs to be bluetoothed to the TomTom Car Kit if I want to use it for hands free calls. If I don't pair them, the speaker on the dock still works.
jowett69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am right in saying that if you paid for year £20 and downloaded data from this web site and you Jailbroken iphone. you can over write tomtom cam data?? (that was the good days on PDA).. if am wrong Shocked sorry!!

but if you JB your iphone download BACKGROUNDER works perfect tomtom and camerAlert together and if you like me updated your Iphone
Evil or Very Mad then cry and shout NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Twisted Evil
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcqueen wrote:
My iPhone 3GS only needs to be bluetoothed to the TomTom Car Kit if I want to use it for hands free calls. If I don't pair them, the speaker on the dock still works.

Indeed that is how I understood it to work. I don't use BT as I never take calls in the car and so it is disabled by default yet the loudspeaker still works.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jowett69 wrote:
I am right in saying that if you paid for year £20 and downloaded data from this web site and you Jailbroken iphone. you can over write tomtom cam data?? (that was the good days on PDA).. if am wrong Shocked sorry!!

You cannot overwrite TomTom's camera data. IIRC you can install our camera data as another POI but there is no alert functionality. This applies to JailBroken phones only of course.
Quote:
but if you JB your iphone download BACKGROUNDER works perfect tomtom and camerAlert together and if you like me updated your Iphone
Evil or Very Mad then cry and shout NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Twisted Evil

I feel your pain, won't be long till the Jailbreak catches up.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HairlessHeart wrote:
Once thing, and I may be missing the obvious, but can the 'camera spotting' functionality store multiple locations on a journey, so that I can fill in the details later, rather than one at a time on the journey?

Not as is no but it is a feature on our list that we are looking at for a future release. We're now collating feature requests here to avoid missing ideas/Q's like this which is all too easy in this thread!

Delighted to see you hear too and hope that, apart from that omission you're liking the app!
jonez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a garmin with custom voices installed so it tells me the type of camera and speed limit vocally, it turns on with the car and switches off with the car (car has built in sat nav so dont use it for that).

The trouble with the above is it warns me about cameras in both directions so i'm tempted by the iphone app, does anyone what type of audible alert it gives?, i wouldnt be looking at the iphone screen while driving.

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: