Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Kane to offer upgrade with TMC Option to users?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Kane to offer upgrade with TMC Option to users?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Kane to offer upgrade with TMC Option to users? Reply with quote

Registered owners of Kane's re-badged Destinator GPS Package are in for a little treat, they will soon be receiving an email offering them two upgrade paths for their curent Destinator V2 product.

Users can choose either an upgrade to Destinator V3.01 or a new product that includes street level mapping for the whole of Europe and , wait for it.........a TMC Traffic Add-On Module!

Although Kane are being cagey about whose product this is we have been told it is may be a customised version of Navigon Pro that will require no annual subscription or GPRS Cellphone so it's fair to assume it will use a combined GPS/TMC receiver. There will be a £100 additional charge for users choosing the TMC add-on (presumably to cover the cost of the receiver). Users should receive their email by the end of this week and upgrades will be shipping within two weeks of the official announcment.

We'll bring you more information on this story as we receive it.
andyblissett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for info, the link on the front page does not work for 'read more' for this article.
gyro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren,

Although you mention that there will be a £100 additional charge for users choosing the TMC add-on I can't work out if the basic upgrade from Destinator V2 to Destinator V3.01 is to be charged for. I have had my Kane with V2 for a little more than 6months now and havet given up on using it for reasons too numerouse to list here (I have advised Kane of many problems but have never had more than a "thank you for pointing this out" style of reply) but I would love to give the system another try with V3.01 However, I think it would be unreasonable to expect me to pay to find if the major shortcomings of Kane plus V2 are sorted.

What do you understand regard charge or free upgrade?

Gyro
gyro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now 10 days since Darran's posting that Kane would be contacting all registered users. I have received nothing, any idea when they plan to make a move?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Kane are very cagey about the update, and knowing full well that most software development never comes in on time due to the project timescales, I'm sure they'll contact registered users soon but only when they're ready.
SCOOTER552
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Tucked up by kane Reply with quote

I have been notified of the new product and against my better judgement purchased it. ie navigon 4 and having to pay kane a lot of money in the process (bear in mind i only purchased the destinator package some 3 months previous) i was informed that they did not have any idea when the update to destinator would come out therefore i chose to purchase navigon 4 as i need updated maps.
their e mail and subsequent phone conversation stated that i would be geting navigon 4 at a considerable discount......this was not true i have found it advertised for just over £5 what i paid kane for it....also on the navigon site you can purchase an upgrade for destinator for very little money in comparison............i feel i have ben well and truly conned and will be contacting kane asap for a refund.......buyer beware

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: