Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nissan Connect Safety Camera icons
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nissan Connect Safety Camera icons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billws
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Nissan Connect Safety Camera icons Reply with quote

Hi all,
I've seen a lot of members requesting info on camera icons on their Nissan Connect systems.
I have just put the cameras into my Qashqui and have found that i also cant get the icons to show,the system is designed that way, on approaching a camera of any type, it "beeps" then the info is shown in a box which appears on the screen giving location,type of cam,grid reference and the speed its set at.
This is the norm with all cameras, not ideal but a warning and location if nothing else, it works for me.

Hope this is of help.

billws
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Bill.
I'll move this to the Nissan Connect section, but leave a link to it in the "Dedicated Subscriber" section too, so it gets seen by as many Connect users as possible.
billws
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Nissan Connect Safety Camera icons Reply with quote

billws wrote:
Hi all,
I've seen a lot of members requesting info on camera icons on their Nissan Connect systems.
I have just put the cameras into my Qashqui and have found that i also cant get the icons to show,the system is designed that way, on approaching a camera of any type, it "beeps" then the info is shown in a box which appears on the screen giving location,type of cam,grid reference and the speed its set at.
This is the norm with all cameras, not ideal but a warning and location if nothing else, it works for me.

Hope this is of help.

Further to the above last quote,
the problem with most people seems to be not downloading the database correctly,(dont think i'm being cheeky) but once the database is downloaded, delete every file exept the csv files,delete all bitmap files as the connect uses its own icons and wont recognise any other types therefore the icons wont show on the screen.
Delete all help files etc, then you should be left with just the csv files.
These are the only ones needed for sucessful uploading onto the connect system.
Highlight these csv files and use the bar above to extract them into the
myPOIWarnings folder created on the usb stick.Remember to create a folder called "myPOIs" on the memory stick.Within this folder create another folder called "myPOIWarnings",this is the folder where you place the downloaded files.(THESE ARE CASE SENSITIVE).
When the usb stick is placed into the connect system,you get a warning saying that "new poi files are available, do you want to download them"
press the "yes" box and they will start to download automatically.
This is a slow process and can take a couple of minutes to load them all in.
When approaching a safety camera,you will get a "beep" and the location will be displayed in a box on the screen.
Hope this is'nt too long winded but i'm sure it will help, it certainly works ok on my Qashqi.
Hope this explanation is of help.

billws

Edited by Anita to correct quote

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: