Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 1.5 pre-announced
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 1.5 pre-announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gajet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:

No No. Live Traffic is fully up and running but only as of about a week ago, so this last week I have been able to finally see it in action!

Ahhh thanks, and how is it?

MaFt wrote:

and very dangerous if the kids or friends are playing with the iphone!!

It was on the PC on my user account, so in theory locked from little fingers, but typical that the only time I make this mistake is with a £50 app. Still I did intend to get Navigon as I'm sick of CoPilot, just that they usually have a sale when they release new versions, so I was going to wait for 1.5's release.
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's Live Traffic like so far?

I'm on leave, so won't get to use it in anger for another couple of weeks.
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEY wrote:
What's it like

What I particulaly like is how you get all the relevant traffic reports as soon as you start (depending on data connection) unlike tmc which can be some minutes before you have all the information. Any reported traffic issues come up with a little warning and you can investigate the reports in a new screen showing a my routes type layout with your current route in orange with traffic symbols and a new route in green. You get two buttons to press displaying differences in distance and time. You can also break into the detail even more if you have multiple traffic issues on route, and choose which ones to avoid and to ignore.

I don't like the report detail though as it is difficult to translate the information given. Unless you know which junctions of a motorway are represented and where they are it might well be jibberish. A map here would have helped. Also the transmit your location option will be a bit marmite for some as transmission of your gps location might be see as an infringment of privicy and turn it off, but it can help provide better traffic reporting with live feedback so I have it on!

Is it worth the additional cost? Well it should have it anyway, but IMO yes because it is quick and accurate (so far).

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: