Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help - lost HD traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help - lost HD traffic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jammy1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having the same problems as described on here. I've found that if I go to the 'my tomtom account' on the device then click 'ok' and 'ok for the email and password, if I click cancel whilst attempting to contact the server it seems to make the traffic bar reappear. No idea why this is, but it seems to work.
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That only worked temporarily for me Jammy1, see previous post, but if it stays up long term let us know

Edit: My subs have been taken this morning and I already had 27 days left, my LIVE services (except Traffic Twisted Evil ) now run until 7/4/10 which is 2 months. Anyone else had this? I thought it was 1 month ahead.
phillevy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing on the way in today and still no reply from TT. I just updated my support request:

This is still happening - I am an experienced user and have tried all the things normally suggested (re-set device etc) and other people are also without traffic:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=81579&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=81440

Can you:
1. Please confirm you have a problem at your end.
2. Indicate when you expect it to be resolved.
3. Let me know how to get compensation for services paid for but not received.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope68 wrote:

That's imo not strange - the navcore9 that you get from various sites is not supposed to be for the x40-series.

Maybe after reverting back to an legal version some files are missing which cause problems. Rolling Eyes

cu Peter

Nothing at all illegal about the V9 software as it is freely downloadable from TomTom. It is not purely written for the x50 range as it contains features that the x50 does not support. When TomTom release it and push it for the x40 they may tailor it, but it is perfectly stable on the 940 at the moment.

(Mod edit - to sort out quote only)
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've just driven for over an hour with apparent full Traffic coverage!

I think the mystery of the extra months sub may be due to the fact that mine is second hand and there obviously was some unexpired time.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is navcore 9 out for the x40 series?

iPhone 12
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

falkirk81 wrote:
Is navcore 9 out for the x40 series?

No, not officially.

MrT wrote:

Nothing at all illegal about the V9 software as it is freely downloadable from TomTom.

That's not the same as them WANTING you to have it!
You could equally say that razor blades are 'freely available' to pick up in Sainburys, but Mr Sainsbury would certainly prefer you to abide by their terms and conditions- i.e. pay for them!

MrT wrote:
When TomTom release it and push it for the x40 they may tailor it, but it is perfectly stable on the 940 at the moment.

Well that's certainly not true!
(I can't say any more, but look at the title of this topic...)
hope68
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question: those of you have face the problem with the disappearing traffic-bar, are you still in the trial-period?

In a German forum there are some users who report the same problems as are reported here...most of them are in the trial-period.

Thx

cu Peter
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
[That's not the same as them WANTING you to have it!
You could equally say that razor blades are 'freely available' to pick up in Sainburys, but Mr Sainsbury would certainly prefer you to abide by their terms and conditions- i.e. pay for them!

That is not a good analogy as AFAIK no one has ever had to pay for any Navcore and I have never seen any T&Cs saying that a Navcore may only be used on the device it is intended for.

MrT wrote:
When TomTom release it and push it for the x40 they may tailor it, but it is perfectly stable on the 940 at the moment.

Andy_P wrote:
[Well that's certainly not true!
(I can't say any more, but look at the title of this topic...)

OK it is incorrect to say the x50 Navcore on the x40 is perfectly stable but for me it is no less stable than the current x40 Navcore. I regularly switch between the two (having one version on an SD card) to see if the HD Traffic errors are caused by the Navcore or TT servers.
shires999
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope68 wrote:
One question: those of you have face the problem with the disappearing traffic-bar, are you still in the trial-period?

In a German forum there are some users who report the same problems as are reported here...most of them are in the trial-period.

Thx

cu Peter

I'm not. I'm on a rolling monthly subscription.

Had similar problems this morning. Turned on and no traffic subscription. Re logged into my tomtom account on teh device. Still nothing. Turned it of an don again. Hey presto it was there and stayed on for my entire journey into work.
Interestingly the expiry date on the services is now 7th April 2010. Have tomtom given me some extra time ????
I've just turned teh device back on and traffic came up straight away. Same expiry on the live services though.
phillevy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got a reply from TT support - they say it should be fixed as of 11am today. It has been working for me since then so fingers crossed!
shires999
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillevy wrote:
Finally got a reply from TT support - they say it should be fixed as of 11am today. It has been working for me since then so fingers crossed!

That's teh annoying thing with Tomtom. They say it's fixed but don't say what went wrng in teh first place.
So far it seems to be fixed for me. I've been turning on a various points today and teh trafiic is working and all with a nice 2 month expiry into teh bargain.
Mally1957
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have got traffic back up and running after contacting support.

Now if I go to Live services - my services all now show 30 days left which is the first time they have shown that (I am on the monthly payment).

Tomtom support originally told me to do a factory reset but that has caused other problems as they are unrelated to this thread I will start another thread

A now retired Tomtom 940 v9.541.3145439.1 OS:1493118, GPS v1.20 Boot 5.5120, West Europe Map v1025.9386
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
Andy_P wrote:
[That's not the same as them WANTING you to have it!

That is not a good analogy as AFAIK no one has ever had to pay for any Navcore

I never said that TT want you to pay for it, but the fact they don't publicise any way to download the programs except via Home and won't normally tell you the links if you ask for them certainly shows they don't want tyou to do it.

MrT wrote:
and I have never seen any T&Cs saying that a Navcore may only be used on the device it is intended for.

I'm not going to wade through it all, but the End-user Licence Agreement that is included in the box of every TomTom and that you agreed to when you 'broke the seal', probably covers it.

EDIT: And the Terms of Use for the TomTom website certainly does...
Quote:
9. You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes. You agree not to take any
action that might compromise the security of the website, render the website
inaccessible to others or otherwise damage the website or the Materials. You agree not to add to, subtract from or otherwise modify the Materials, or attempt to access any Materials that are not intended for you. You agree not to use the website in any
manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties.

Smile
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Andy. People shouldn't complain if your Tomtom doesn't work and you are using the incorrect version of the navcore for your device. If it has an issue and you ARE using the appropriate version, then by all means complain away.

Just because the x50 software seems to work fine on a x40 device, doesn't mean that it will work without some form of issue further down the line.

Maybe a different bootloader, GPS firmware etc. Who knows what's really inside the new navcore if it's not the correct one for your device.

Also, those of you who are complaining, I hope you realise that the system info that Tomtom will request WILL list the navcore version being used, and one can only speculate on what reaction Tomtom will give when they find out people are using the wrong version deliberately!

Evil or Very Mad

Steven

iPhone 12

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: