Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iPhone Satnav Software and Car Stereo "Accessory"
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhone Satnav Software and Car Stereo "Accessory"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave2084
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: iPhone Satnav Software and Car Stereo "Accessory" Reply with quote

I purchased Navmii yesterday for me iPhone and so far I'm impressed with it, exceptionally good value for money!

Anyway, I do have one issue which is specific to my installation in that the music does not fade or cut off when the instructions are being spoken , though I think it would be the same no matter which SatNav software I'm running.

I have a 2006 Audi TT with the factory Bose CD Head unit. It has a Dension Icelink Plus fitted which makes the head unit think the iPod or iPhone is a CD player giving me direct access to control my music from the head unit. When the iPhone is connected if you go into the iPod app then all you get is a message saying "Accessory Connected" so you can't control the music from the iPhone.

I guess this means that Navmii (and any other app) can't override the music volume. It seems OK when listening to classical music but with some heavy duty rock the instructions get lost.

Has anyone come across a similar issue in their setup and is there a workaround?

I quite like this setup and it allows the music and instructions to play though my car stereo, my iPhone charges and I can easily change track/playlist without risking the wrath of the law!

Overall I like Navmii, it is lacking a few features I'd like to see but after exchanging a few emails with them yesterday it seems that their development roadmap should satisfy the majority of items on my "wish" list.
pmodern
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Dension 100 connected into my factory Mazda head unit. So far using Navigon on iphone it has worked perfectly. Navigon does reduce music volume as the instructions are being spoken however. Navigon also has in app control for the ipod music. Really nice setup to use.

I haven't got the instructions for the Dension here, but there is a way to set it up so it uses the ipod/iphone interface to select tracks rather than the actual head unit selectors. Mine is set up that way and I've had no issues with it.
Dave2084
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks pmodern,

I managed to update the firmware on my unit to v2.18 which is iPhone friendly and when I select CD 6 now is disconnects the iPhone from "accessory" mode and hand control back to the iPhone/Navmii in this mode the head unit is effectively just using line in and charging the phone.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: