Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 1390T turning off and back on, and poss bluetooth issue
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

1390T turning off and back on, and poss bluetooth issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mini7racer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: 1390T turning off and back on, and poss bluetooth issue Reply with quote

Im having some slight issues with my new sat nav and before I send it back to the shop I wanted to know if anyone else has these issues,

Got me Sat nav for christmas Garmin 1390 with traffic, and the first thing I did was update the firmware etc and the maps, and then add the pocketworld cameras, but I now have the issue where when I drive back from work I seem to get to the same place on the A42 and the nav tuns off! its done it twice now, once when going from day to night mode and once when it was just in day mode. (but oddly it seems fine going the other way on the way to work)

both times it has turned its self back on straight away and loaded up and even remembered it was navigating home,

then this morning it got a few miles from work in the leicestershire countryside and just turned off and refused to come back on for a few mins, no matter if I pressed the button, un plugged the power, or any combination of the above. again when it turned back on a few mins later it was fine remembered it was traveling to work.

My dad also brought the same unit as me as they were a good deal (but this may have been why...) and his seems to be ok and not turning off and on but he doesnt use it for as long as I do but it does seem to be messing with his fone as he uses the hands free built into the sat nav too, and some times its like it doesnt disconnect properly from the phone as it rings but he cant hear anything and nor can anyone hear him. (if he turns his phone off and back on its fine and it doesnt do it all the time) I know when I did the firmware update there was one for the bluetooth too that was installed.

so anyone any having any issues like this? if so have you manged to fix them? as I am a bit gutted, as we have had garmin for a few years now and my last 205T did me grand for 30K+ miles and never let me down or got me lost!

cheers

Karl.
darrengsaw
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not alone, I and several others have reported the same issues with it shutting down exactly as you have experienced.

This only really has happened on my unit since the update to firmware v 3.40.

I have reported the issue to Garmin, i'm sure they are well aware of it by now, and hopefully a fix will be included in a (hopefully soon) future upgrade.
mini7racer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, at least i know I am not alone, I will email them tonight so they know theres also an issue with mine, hopefully they will get the message and sort this problem
darrengsaw
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the more that get on their case the better I think. I usually mention I post my opinions (quite strongly at times) on here as well. Smile
dellboy826
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: 1390T turning off and back on, and poss bluetooth issue Reply with quote

The first 1390t i bought had the same problem so i returned it to the shop for exchange and the replacement that i was given has the same
mini7racer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines getting worse! at this rate Ill end up junking it back to the shop and getting a tom tom if garmin dont pull their finger out! Crying or Very sad
darrengsaw
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mini7racer wrote:
mines getting worse! at this rate Ill end up junking it back to the shop and getting a tom tom if garmin dont pull their finger out! Crying or Very sad

It is frustrating, i've got 150 mile round trip tomorrow and 200 + miles to do on tuesday, so I will see how often it decides to spontaneously shut off then.

One of the main reasons I bought a Garmin over a TomTom was the perceived superior stability, but now that is looking a bit silly.

The TomTom's have the benefit of IQ routes which is a fantastic feature, and HD traffic on the Go series that again is really good, so I would be tempted to switch if I were you.
mini7racer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tell me about it, my 205T was faultless and when i teneded to follow people who had tomtoms teneded to follow a more logical route, but if it carrys on I will be swapping!
darrengsaw
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mini7racer wrote:
tell me about it, my 205T was faultless and when i teneded to follow people who had tomtoms teneded to follow a more logical route, but if it carrys on I will be swapping!

Good luck, let me know what you decide, I might ebay mine if they don't sort it out soon.
dellboy826
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: 1390T turning off and back on, and poss bluetooth issue Reply with quote

I have had the same problem and took it back to the shop and had it exchanged and the new replacement did the same thing,
contacted Garmin and after a load of trouble and arguments got a return code sent it to them for repair and when it came back it was just the same.
contacted Garmin about 3 times again and tried different thing nothing worked so I demanded a refund which they were not happy about but after a lot of shouting was told to take it back to Halfords (where I bought it) with a returns code they phone Garmin to confirm and was given gift vouchers to the value and I bought a Garmin 2598
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier 13xx/14xx series suffered from unexplained shutdowns but later software updates cured it. My 1310 and 1490 have been rock solid for a couple of years now. Maybe halfords sold you some old stock with old software, did you try updating it?

I'm sure though you'll be happy with your 2598, I've had a 2508 and can't fault it Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: