Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Service Pack Update for V2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Service Pack Update for V2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Service Pack Update for V2 Reply with quote

Just seen that the Navman site has a download program that checks your desktop to see if there are any Servicepack updates.

I have tried to run it, but when it asks you to put your Software CD rom in the dirve it just seems to hang.

Anyone else tried it?
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep... used it to install Service Pack 1.

Ima from Navman told me it ws a fix for 'street search'
Not sure exactly what the SP has fixed though?? Still errors in the database.
MattB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated mine. Will have to test it out sometime soon
Steveee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took 2 diffeerent CD and a DVD drives until I got it to recognise the disk on the DVD drive!
GO 920 (retired)
Garmin Oregon 550T
Garmin Drivesmart
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just had word there is to be another service pack in the near future to fix the roundabout exit issues and random voice issues.

And...

POI integration is planned in the next release due out in September.
Steveee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GPS3450 running V2 is still unstable. Locked up 5 times yesterday when driving out of London. Nearly got a aprking ticket when I stopped to reboot the iPAQ Embarassed

Has nyone with a GPS3450 managed to use the Navtech maps with V2. mine will not recognise them. Question
GO 920 (retired)
Garmin Oregon 550T
Garmin Drivesmart
iainw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Navman 4410 Service Pack 1 Reply with quote

I also tried to apply Service Pack 1 and it too simply hangs. Contacted Navman UK and they suspect an install CD problem although mine appears to install OK and I've been using the gps for some weeks now.

Looks like poor S/W update quality to me but I guess I won't know until the new CD arrives. I'm using Windows XP Professional, updated with Windows SP1 so I can't see that this is a PC problem.

Anyone else with this problem still?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steveee wrote:
My GPS3450 running V2 is still unstable. Locked up 5 times yesterday when driving out of London. Nearly got a aprking ticket when I stopped to reboot the iPAQ Embarassed

Has nyone with a GPS3450 managed to use the Navtech maps with V2. mine will not recognise them. Question

I've been using my 3970/3450 combo with V2 maps for a few weeks now, and can report no lockups whatever.

Hopefully my 5550 will arrive on Monday, but as I'll be away I won't get to play with it until Wednesday.
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned back in March, there was to be a second service pack released to correct roundabout exit and voice direction issues but it has never materialised.

I still have issues where the voice tells me, for example, to turn left (from A58 onto the A580) when the map shows it should be straight on (across)

Has anyone else heard anything about SP2?
AlfieB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an e-mail from Navman on Friday and it said that Service Pack 2 for the iCN 630 is being worked on at the moment and release may be before September. So taking that as read, presumably something similar must be in the pipeline for other versions Question

You will now be as wise as I am, so pleeeeeeez don't hold your breath. Joker

Regards Thumbs Up

alfieB

Navman iCN630

Navman N60i

Navman Mio S505

Navman Mio Spirit 695 LM

Mio Spirit 7670 LM Truck
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before September? That's hardly the 'near future'!
Plus I was informed the next release of SmartST was going to be around September Confused
I don't think I could hold my breath that long anyway. Happy
AlfieB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

I can understand your frustration, but I think what we have to bear in mind is that the folks at Navman-Europe ( with all good intentions ) pass on what their understanding is at that point in time. Only when the Software Development Team in NZ have tested their SP's or next Version Upgrade and are satisfied with it then will it be released and not before.

I know one thing, I've been looking at the Tom Tom Forum and from what I can see there are more disgruntled punters there. It just goes to show that there is no such thing as perfect software. Well there is but I'm sure the cost would be out of my reach.

I'll carry on using my iCN 630 and wait for the next SP, cos it sure beats my missus as a navigator. And she thought she was good. Embarassed

Keep smiling it baffles em they don't know what you're thinking. Thumbs Up

Regards

alfieB

Navman iCN630

Navman N60i

Navman Mio S505

Navman Mio Spirit 695 LM

Mio Spirit 7670 LM Truck
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a particularly large number of TomTom complaints at the moment because Navigator 3 upgrades only started to come into people's hands around a week ago.

There are a couple of problems with Navigator 3. Some people are having problems with Bluetooth GPSes. The bigger problem is that the location database and particularly the address lookup is worse in most cases than Navigator 2 was. TomTom don't seem to understand (or seem to be coming up with excuses rather than admitting they have a problem).

However, Navman are not immune to these problems - there were similar complaints about the location database when the iCN 630 version 2 and SmartST Pro 2 software came out. It may, in part, be down to the TeleAtlas data that both use - though it's not that well explained at present.

Overall, the Navman forum was full of complaints when the last upgrade came out. I suspect the TomTom forum will calm down soon - especially if TomTom agree to release replacement Great Britain maps (though I'm not confident they will, sadly).

David
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope Navman are aware that there are problems with their SmartSTv2 database (I for one have mailed them)
I hope you are all succsessful geting replacement maps but it would be grossly unfair on Navman consumers if TomTom released a revised GB database and Navman didn't.
fogun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

I have been sent the SmartST V2 for GPS 4410 Appliation installer. Do you know if this will work with the Navman 3400 Sleeve?

Happy

Tim Buxton wrote:
Steveee wrote:

I've been using my 3970/3450 combo with V2 maps for a few weeks now, and can report no lockups whatever.

Hopefully my 5550 will arrive on Monday, but as I'll be away I won't get to play with it until Wednesday.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: