Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 8 [All Versions] Speed Cam Filename Changes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 8 [All Versions] Speed Cam Filename Changes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: CoPilot 8 [All Versions] Speed Cam Filename Changes Reply with quote

Due to ALK adding the rather odd feature of not working with files having more than a single underscore _ all CP8 speed camera files now have a hyphen - instead of the underscore.

As such, depending on how you store your speed camera files on your computer, you may need to delete any current files you have. The new filenames are not identical and so will not overwrite the old ones in teh first instance.

examples:
OLD: pocketgps_uk_gatso.csv
NEW: pocketgps-uk-gatso.csv

MaFt
adamwolfe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: CoPilot 8 [All Versions] Speed Cam Filename Changes Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Due to ALK adding the rather odd feature of not working with files having more than a single underscore _ all CP8 speed camera files now have a hyphen - instead of the underscore.

As such, depending on how you store your speed camera files on your computer, you may need to delete any current files you have. The new filenames are not identical and so will not overwrite the old ones in teh first instance.

examples:
OLD: pocketgps_uk_gatso.csv
NEW: pocketgps-uk-gatso.csv

MaFt

Not Worthy Not Worthy Cheers!
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a star Jumping With Joy Many thanks MaFt

Merry Xmas
jimwsmith
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Even 2 - causes an issue with seperate camera files Reply with quote

If you load the cameras as seperate files for each type (gatso, mobile, etc.) then CoPilot 8 seems to get confused and think you have already loaded them.

My solution is to delete the second _ or - in the file name eg. pocketgps_ukmobile which then seems to get them correctly integrated as seperate subcategories within safety cameras (remember to rename the image files too or they won't match up).

On trying to incorporate the other free POI categories in CSV format, I notice that the first column is labelled ;Longitude which CoPilot 8 doesn't recognise. Solution delete the ; in the column name to Longitude and the POIs show in the correct locations (otherwise they are all on the greenwich meridian!)

Further Update: CoPilot Live 8 also can't cope with punctuation in the POI names e.g. National Trust, Trerice gets truncated after the comma. Solution remove all commas from each POI (I used Excel find and replace)

Jim Smith
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesn't it work with the hyphen as well as teh underscore?! might have to change the naming AGAIN...!!!

MaFt
adamwolfe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
doesn't it work with the hyphen as well as teh underscore?! might have to change the naming AGAIN...!!!

MaFt

Happy New Year MaFt and everyone else. Very Happy

I found that your new camera versions work perfectly........... Confused

Also for the other POI I use the TT files and convert the bmp pic to png pic using a graphics program. I keep a folder on my desktop with the poi and png files so only change the TT ov2 files monthly when I update the poi files. Job done. Not sure why Jim is having to change everything again as they are working for me. Question
stuart206
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought you might like to know that the update for Copilot 8 on the HTC HD2 mobile allows you to use the TT format files and they integrate fine, with underscores.

Let you know if I hit any snags as I think this update was only released in the last couple of weeks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: