Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New battery released and clues to future developments
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New battery released and clues to future developments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: New battery released and clues to future developments Reply with quote

The new slimline battery has been released both as a power pack and also just the battery and new back.

The sales blurb suggests that you might like to use the slimline battery and back for shorter walks. Not sure the little plug is up to keep swapping batteries.

I just checked out the updated technical specs for the Active 10 here: http://www.satmap.com/techspec.php.

It shows pictures of the A10 with what appears to the new back. I get the impression that this will soon be the standard power option.

It will be interesting to see which back the rubber case is designed to fit.

It also makes reference to mapping being available by download.

The updated (v1.4) FAQs state that a beta satsync for the mac is expected December 2009
Goldfrog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: New battery released and clues to future developments Reply with quote

Links Broken try

http://www.satmap.com/techspec.php
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New battery released and clues to future developments Reply with quote

Goldfrog wrote:
Links Broken try

http://www.satmap.com/techspec.php

Thanks Goldfrog. I don't know where that full stop on the end came from.

That's the trouble with posting late at night and from a PDA.
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: New battery released and clues to future developments Reply with quote

4ndynorfolk wrote:
The new slimline battery has been released both as a power pack and also just the battery and new back.

The sales blurb suggests that you might like to use the slimline battery and back for shorter walks. Not sure the little plug is up to keep swapping batteries.

I just checked out the updated technical specs for the Active 10 here: http://www.satmap.com/techspec.php.

It shows pictures of the A10 with what appears to the new back. I get the impression that this will soon be the standard power option.

It also makes reference to mapping being available by download.

The updated (v1.4) FAQs state that a beta satsync for the mac is expected December 2009

That picture, together with the blurb about downloading maps and putting them on your own SD card dates from more than two years ago....it can't be done.
themib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the Bike mount back be changed too?. Or will I need to pad it out with the new battery?
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: New battery released and clues to future developments Reply with quote

4ndynorfolk wrote:

If you take a look here and enlarge the picture it doesn't look as if the rubber case will fit the bike mount,but of course things may change.

http://www.trailblazeroutdoors.co.uk/product/3804/Satmap_Rubber_Case

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: