Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sat nav on Samsung Jet (S8000)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sat nav on Samsung Jet (S8000)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s2-wolf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Sat nav on Samsung Jet (S8000) Reply with quote

Hi Folks
Can anyone recommend a sat nav programme/system that is compatible with a Samsung Jet. Samsung "recommend" Route 66, but I know nothing about it, except that they are rather unclear about cost - is there a subscription requirement or not?
We have a Tomtom in the car so would use the phone for when we are walking in town and country. As such we don't need speed camera capability, but an ability to mark the co-ordinates of the car and then get directions back to it would be useful - even a compass direction in open country would help.
Any help/advice gratefully received!!
Regards
Wolf
ditchfinder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi s2-wolf...... i agree Confused dont know much about rout66, follow this link http://www.66.com/samsung/index.php?cid=UK&act=0 to get the free software ( i have done this part ok) ....then you go to the shop & select the maps & extras(cameras etc) you want.then pay with a credit card (i am too tight so have not done this yet Exclamation Laughing ) the maps seem to be subscribed ie 1day,1 month,1 year a 1year uk is about 60euro i think .....let me know how you get on

hth regards............. ditchfinder
richard345
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just installed Route66 on my Samsung i8910 Omnia HD and downloaded the UK and the Western Europe maps. If I want to actually plan a Route and Drive To or Walk To, I wold have to subscribe to the service.

These subscriptions can be purchased for 1 Day, 30 Days or 1 Year at 1.69€, 5.99€ or 39.99€ respectively. Other services like Speed (sorry safety) camera data, Traffic, Weather etc. are also available at extra cost.

I don't think i will be buying any, because my Orange contract changes with the new phone on 01/01/10 and it will include Orange Maps at no charge for the life of the contract and that provides navigation without paying for any extras.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not very good software in use either, perhaps a single day subscription to play with it but I certainly wouldn't bother any longer than that - Mike
ditchfinder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your feedback guys , .....ditchfinder

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: