Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Live v8 Pocket PC Update !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Live v8 Pocket PC Update !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drift
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got the 2.0.0.65 installed, it still looks cheap and no info on it at all.

Ahhh the joys of butting a wall Laughing Out Loud.

Gone for simples and now have TomTom One V3 1gig
Memory Map V5 on laptop and GPS.
I couldnt get on with Copilot V8
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drift wrote:
and the wording doesnt fit into half the boxes

Same problem here - It's due the system font being set to 125% (120 DPI)

From the desktop - Right click, Properties, Settings, Advanced - Then select 'Normal size 96 DPI' from the drop down.
Wildoat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally managed to get update and install - the reboot after installing CPL and ticking show previous downloads worked for me.

So what are the differences? Performance? Features? Off on a long trip today so will perhaps see some differences.

Happy Xmas All - W.
OdinBear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: To get the damn file Do this Before downloading... Reply with quote

Hi, to all if you have tried everything else. Try this it worked for me.

You should to do this BEFORE downloading.

Depending on your os,

1. go to your explorer taskbar settings= tools/folder options and UNHIDE hidden folders.
2. then go to your username folder and you should now have a (AppData) folder look in it and the folders as below.

\AppData\Roaming\ALK Technologies\CoPilot Central 2.0\CentralData\Installer

3.run the Copilot central, (showing old downloads) if you Havent found the file in the folder

4. there should be a file named "copilot.wmppc" 10.8mb THIS is the damn file.
5. copy to your sd card and then run it via the pocket pc.
6. run app and look at settings\about. It should now read ver 8.0.0.557 (which mine does).

Now what I have noticed is before Co-Pilot Central copys the file over it closes the connection to the phone, So wonder why it fails!...

All being well That should work. "Good old ALK" what a pigs ear of an upgrade.

EnJOY...

Well we would if they had added the promised qwerty keyboard which they have been promising since AUGUST the Wa**ers..
morfis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been following this and tried everything suggested but Central never shows any updates. Completely removed Central and installed the newer version (took me to ...65 from ...62). Rebooted PC. Checked application data folder and there is nothing in the 'installer' folder mentioned though the folder exists.
Started Central, no updates showing, altered settings to show old downloads (again...it's how I had it set originally). No old downloads were shown. Exitted Central, rebooted, restarted Central...still no updates shown.

Throught this my winmo CP8 version has been 8.0.0.346

...and so it remains.

I like Copilot but the poor support, totally useless update procedure, removeal of Live subscription on version update are really taking the biscuit.

On another note, I asked how they incorporate the Live Traffic data (on the grounds it's easy to get it via the built in radio using other software)...their answer "Live is not available" - protecting their revenue (well it might IF they actually were offering a subscription service to us)?
SumTingWong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you chosen ones, who have bathed in ALK's grace these past few days and upon whom was bestowed the gift of v8.0.0.557. Would you please post the cab file online to share with us unworthy ones? Please have mercy. I beg of you! One more futile attempt at using CoPilot Central to get this update will for sure send me to the asylum. Remain blessed and may ALK's glory upon you continue to shine forever.
OdinBear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Co-Pilot Windows Mobile ver8.0.0.557 Reply with quote

Just Loaded to the link below. Get while its available.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IS30O37S

just copy to your SD card and run via file explorer on your mobile.

might have to change the name if Co-pilot complains but Fu**em it they were any use wouldnt have had to do it.

Enjoy..
SumTingWong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a million OdinBear. Can't believe a loyal customer since version 1 like me has to resort to begging on the Internet to get what he already paid for! Unbelievable.
morfis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks from me also OdinBear
adamwolfe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Update News ? Reply with quote

Just spotted this on the cp site:

http://blog.copilotlive.net/?p=930

special note to parts 2,3 and 13

Fingers crossed, holding breath etc - not Rolling Eyes Exclamation Question
adamwolfe
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Update News ? Reply with quote

SumTingWong
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Update News ? Reply with quote

adamwolfe wrote:

#13 CSV/ OV2 import working: I can confirm it worked for me. I got my US Safety Camera OV2 files from trapster.com. (It's always best to use the name of the category to name your OV2 file to avoid retyping category name)

#3 Traffic support (Premium add-on available this week): At least US Live Services worked like a charm in this version. No more locking up in the middle of the search like in previous versions.

#2 Text-to-speech support (Premium add-on available this week): I only believe these crooks when I see it.
xamastrok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: New Copilot Live 8 update for WinMo (8.0.0.557) crashing !!! Reply with quote

Hello all,

has anyone else here had this this strange behaviour after switching to the new update? The program just crashes (exits abruptly) when scrolling/navigating the map in 3D mode !!!. There is no problem in 2D! I have never had any problems with the previous version.

Like most of you I had no luck installing the update automatically from Copilot Central, so I found it a good idea to uninstall the program completely and download it again from the official download url (http://www.alk.eu.com/buynow/eu_download.asp). Yes, this worked, program offered there is up-to-date with 557 version and I easily installed it on my Dell x51v (WinMo 6.1). But it crashes!

What is strange is that I also installed it to my wive's HTC Diamond 2 (WinMo 6.5) (after deactivating it on mine) and it crashes there too!

Since I have not seen any other reports on this I suspect that the download from www.alk.eu.com/buynow is to blame.

Any thoughts on this? Thank you and have a nice weekend.
xamastrok
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I still haven't made it work.

Please, is the 3D navigation working for everyone in Copilot Live 8.0.0.557, Windows Mobile ?
Rumball
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New Copilot Live 8 update for WinMo (8.0.0.557) crashing Reply with quote

xamastrok wrote:
Hello all,

has anyone else here had this this strange behaviour after switching to the new update? The program just crashes (exits abruptly) when scrolling/navigating the map in 3D mode !!!. There is no problem in 2D! I have never had any problems with the previous version.

Like most of you I had no luck installing the update automatically from Copilot Central, so I found it a good idea to uninstall the program completely and download it again from the official download url (http://www.alk.eu.com/buynow/eu_download.asp). Yes, this worked, program offered there is up-to-date with 557 version and I easily installed it on my Dell x51v (WinMo 6.1). But it crashes!

What is strange is that I also installed it to my wive's HTC Diamond 2 (WinMo 6.5) (after deactivating it on mine) and it crashes there too!

Since I have not seen any other reports on this I suspect that the download from www.alk.eu.com/buynow is to blame.

Any thoughts on this? Thank you and have a nice weekend.

I have the exact same problem on my Diamond running WM6.1 and Manila Sense 2.5. As with you, the previous version worked fine but after "upgrading" to 557 it crashes anytime I enable 3D mode. I have submitted a problem report to ALK...and you should too just to make sure that they do not think it is an isolated bug. I even posted a video on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyn0vLJJ10U) so that ALK can see the bug in action.

Also...fyi...if I disable Manila 2.5 (by deselecting it from the Today screen) then I can start CoPilot and enable 3D display...so I wonder if there is some conflict happening between the two applications...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: