Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot for iPhone hits the UK Appstore
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot for iPhone hits the UK Appstore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the GPS tracks feature still working in the latest version?

I recently used it and played back some tracks then uploaded them, and the tracks vanished from the iPhone and further journeys have no tracks showing Sad
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:

I have the choice of 'Cancel' or 'Buy' and clicking 'Buy' results in my iTunes password dialogue; enter my password and I get:

Quote:
This is not a Test User account.

Please create a new account in the Sandbox environment.

{Environment: Sandbox}

It's taken a while (!), but CoPilot have come back to me with bad news - no premium CoPilot services if Jailbroken!!! Angry

Copilot Support wrote:

Response - 11/12/2009 03.36 PM
Dear bedbug,

Please read the following in order to help you with this issue:

Has the phone been jail broken as this is one possible cause of the problem?

When receiving the following error message “Not a test user. Please create a new account in the sandbox environment.” this basically means the iPhone is Jailbroken and we do not support Jailbroken iPhones.

If that fails we suggest you contact Apple as it is outside of our control.

If you have any further questions, or feel that this incident has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please do not hesitate to bring this to our attention.

Regards,
CoPilot Technical Support

Crying
scottwaltonuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess its been mentioned before

Anyone else getting determining current position for miles and miles

It does make it slightly difficult to trust on journeys and always seems to produce this message when you are getting to the part of the journey when you really need it.

If anybody has a fix or tips it would be greatly received

Cheers
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottwaltonuk wrote:
Anyone else getting determining current position for miles and miles

Nope. I have a mount on my windscreen, and I've never had any issue getting a GPS signal.

There's plenty spoken about the GPS implementation in the iPhone being less than ideal, which isn't CoPilot specific. Different applications may have their own solution for making the best of a bad job, but I don't believe CoPilot is particularly worse than any other. What it does mean is that to get a decent GPS signal in car requires the iPhone to be mounted in a sensible position, ideally with access to as much window-view as possible; shoved down near the handbrake isn't going to work too well. Mine is windscreen suckered just above the top of the steering wheel next to the pillar - I get full windscreen view and I don't have to take my hands off the wheel to interact with the phone. when stationary. parked up. engine off. Of course.

Everyone has a slightly different experience, but on an iPhone 3G/16 GB, I'd say GPS reception has been better than with my TomTom Bluetooth receiver.

It may just be folklore, but to get the best out of it, I'd recommend:
1/ If Jailbroken, disable backgrounding.
2/ Reboot the iPhone.
3/ Go to Google maps and check if that App can pick up a decent GPS fix (if it doesn't, there's always the possibility you've got a hardware fault).
4/ Run CoPilot and wait for the fix before moving off - you're likely to get a quicker lock if you're stationary.

Let us know how you get on.
scottwaltonuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bedbug

Cheers for the help, mine I position in the same place by the sounds as yourself. I will try these few tips and hopefully all will be well.

When it does work it is really good this is from an Tomtom user of many many years.

I also think and maybe I am going mad, that I need to wash the car a little more often to ensure full view like I said going slightly mad.
Again cheers for your help
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottwaltonuk wrote:
I also think and maybe I am going mad, that I need to wash the car a little more often to ensure full view like I said going slightly mad.
Again cheers for your help

If you're right them I'm totally stuffed!!

I'd be curious to see if Google Maps gets a fix quickly and CoPilot takes ages...
3GGG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aynbody getting GPS Tracks to record since they upgraded? - It is really bugging me the way features come and go apparently at random Confused
LoumiaConsulting
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:

It's taken a while (!), but CoPilot have come back to me with bad news - no premium CoPilot services if Jailbroken!!! Angry

Copilot Support wrote:

Dear bedbug,

Please read the following in order to help you with this issue:

When receiving the following error message “Not a test user. Please create a new account in the sandbox environment.” this basically means the iPhone is Jailbroken and we do not support Jailbroken iPhones.

If that fails we suggest you contact Apple as it is outside of our control.

If you have any further questions, or feel that this incident has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please do not hesitate to bring this to our attention.

Regards,

Crying

I'm running a jailbroken iPhone, have TTS and all the live services. Just went into CoPilot store and bought them all without any issues. I'm running SBSettings and Mobile Substrate but little else in the background.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:
bedbug wrote:

I have the choice of 'Cancel' or 'Buy' and clicking 'Buy' results in my iTunes password dialogue; enter my password and I get:

Quote:
This is not a Test User account.

Please create a new account in the Sandbox environment.

{Environment: Sandbox}

Copilot Support wrote:

Dear bedbug,

I've now got to the bottom of the issue with in-app purchases and Jailbreak. The thing that prevents it is having a function installed called 'Appsync', which enables non app-store app syncing in iTunes; often installed for inapproriate reasons, I actually had a reasonable use. But anyway, it is that which intereferes with in-app purchases. The work around is thus:
Quote:
you have to uninstall appsync and the app you want to make an in app purchase from; then reinstall the app from itunes (via sync - you don't need to download it from the app store again); then do your in app purchase; then reinstall appsync.

Hope that's of help to someone. It allowed me to hand over more hard-earned to ALK... Now where do I start moaning about the quality of Traffic in Co-Pilot?!

Laughing
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another CoPilot update today:

The latest version of UK’s top-selling iPhone navigation app adds Facebook status updates, Local Search as standard and additional personalisation options.

2nd March 2010, London, UK. ALK Technologies has announced that the latest version of its best-selling CoPilot Live satellite navigation iPhone app has been approved by Apple and is available immediately for download from the App Store.

The update brings useful new features that take advantage of the iPhone’s mobile Internet connectivity, providing integrated access to Local Search and the ability to post journey information to Facebook.

Local Search as standard. With integrated local Internet search, customers can easily find the nearest product, service, brand, shop or just about anything they need. Simply key-in whatever you’re looking for and be guided straight there.

Facebook Status Updates. Now you can share your journey with your friends directly on your Facebook wall, including where you are, where you are going and even what music you are listening to on the way. You can choose to post updates automatically or manually.

Adjustable music volume settings. One of the most frequently requested features made by CoPilot Live iPhone customers, now you can choose to mute or dim music while receiving a voice instruction.

Michael Kornhauser, Managing Director of ALK Technologies, said “We are constantly working to develop new and innovative features for CoPilot Live in response to customer feedback. With this latest update we continue to expand CoPilot’s Live connected services to provide useful real-time information, directly to your navigation system.”

The updated CoPilot Live satellite navigation app is available to purchase immediately from the iPhone App Store for a one-time fee of £26.99 for UK + Ireland maps or £49.99 for full European maps. Existing customers can download the update for free.
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm... First impressions have left me unimpressed - I can't speak to new functionality (great, we can advertise leaving our homes empty on facebook!), but worryingly I took a 2 hour trip, starting with 69% battery; powered throughout, I arrived home with an extremely hot iPhone and only 58% charge - the previous version would have fully charged my cool-as-a-cucumber handset... Ho-hum! Anyone else found the same?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedbug wrote:
great, we can advertise leaving our homes empty on facebook!

but that's facebook. how many people put status updates like 'just off to town to get some shopping done' etc? if you ave your security settings right then only people you know and trust will see it anyway - unless you're one of these who accepts every friend request regardless of who they are?

there's also the good old "if you don't want it then don't use it"...! i probably won't - i had a look earlier and it just said "I'm in Bradford, UK" - hardly ground breaking status updates...!!

MaFt
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't exactly set on fire. I won't bother with CoPilot now that Navigon and soon TomTom have decent traffic.
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Co-Pilot EU edition for my wife's iphone (3G, 16Gb). Compared it to the Navigon and TomTom versions but the Co-Pilot version was either £20 or £30 cheaper (we needed whole of Western and Eastern EU coverage). For us it works fine. No issues at all.
Home 2.7.3.1894
travisb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only issue I've had with CoPilot (compared to my TT Go 920) is that the ETA is very inaccurate (up to half an hour out when going from Cambridge to home - 234 miles).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: