Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Meet-up
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Meet-up
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Meet-up Reply with quote

It's about time for another Pocket GPS Meetup and Alex (Alix776-Moderator) has put together a meet-up at Tangmere Airfield near Chichester on Saturday 17th July 2004 for anyone that wants to attend commencing at 10am.

The gig is put together by the PDA (Professional Drivers Association) who will have a number of trucks there and it's an open event to show members of the public how easy (or difficult) it is to drive trucks and to give hands-on experience to current PDA members and members of the public.

You'll get the chance to look around at trailers and trucks, there will be a reversing display and DTT Driver Training will also be present with a few vehicles and there will be some training sessions available for anyone that wants to partake as the course is off-road and on private land so you don't need a HGV License.

VOSA (Vehicle Operator Services Agency) will also be present with a Ford Galaxy and DTT will be bringing along a Military Vehicle.

If you fancy a free day out, and to also get a chance to meet with a few members of the team (unfortunately I won't be able to make it), pop along!
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SORRY TO EVERYONE BUT IT JUST BEEN CANCELED
i just had a txt message could still be down there if anyone fancies a pub meeting somewhere needless to say im not a happy bunni at the mo as people have put lots of effort in to this again my apploigies o all who had said theyd attend

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
jlw
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To bad.

I I lived in UK I had comed. Smile
CF: Lexar 256 MB
Poporta Alu-Case
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame about the meet-up being cancelled, as it was something I'd have been interested in attending.

I'm not sure if we will be able to make it to the pub meet-up that day, as it's quite close (in terms of the date, not the location!) to another event we will be attending. If you decide to do this and post the firm details on the site as soon as possible then we can have a think about it.

If anything like the original meet-up idea happens again sometime in the future then I would definitely be interested in attending that! Thumbs Up

Bo Peep.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i said im sorry to everyone but im trying to sort somethimg out my self so the day still happens all be it with reduced attractions but ill hopefully post tomorrow and if someone will get back to me Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

device Lumia 950 xl
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that me in a good mood WERE BACK ON WITH THE MEET IF ANYONE WANTS TO COME
sorry about all the messing about and i have confimed this with the organiser Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

device Lumia 950 xl
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

directions to the do on saturday

ITS
(Maybe not!!!)
THE BIGGEST

ITS
(Maybe not!!!)
THE BEST

ITS
(Definately!!!)
THE FURTHEST SOUTH TO DATE

The PDA in association with pocket gps productions is proud to present

TANGMERE TRAINING DAY

If you look on the A27 out of Chichester towards Worthing/Brighton on the map its about 2 miles out on the right just passed the Jct A27 / A285 (Signed Petworth) then at the next roundabout TURN RIGHT (ESSO Garage just before Roundabout) in city fields way. But from a map you should have no problems from the worthing direction either. At A29 juct carry on along A27 towards chichester and next roundabout turn left.
Once off the roundabout approx 200m turn first left into Cityfields Ind estate. Follow the road ahead and through the gates. The road bears round to the right and the Hard Standing is straight ahead. Beware of the speed bumps as the as designed for lorries. Its also signposted Tangmere Airfield on the A27 (but the signs are small) Which is handy eh
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

device Lumia 950 xl
Fletch
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could you get the meeting any further away!!! maybe the south of France

you being for Layland any where north of Birmingham would be good for you and me
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im haveing a long weekend in my truck arriveing thursday and departing sunday evening deck chairs ho! Mr. Green

as for the south of france i couldnt do that it would cost money to do that and we only have a national olicence so the boss wouldnt give the time off to take the truck with me it would be nice though

device Lumia 950 xl
geoff2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad when a Pocket GPS moderator has to give out directions to an event rather than it's co ordinates or post code. It would have been a good test of all the systems to find out which got lost , TT3 maybe. Or never arrived TT3 with BT lockup !
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoff i know where your coming from but somtimes its easier to put directions rather than gps cordinets believe me also there are people who use this site that dont have a nav system and are thinking about getting one but would like to see and have a little play with them and ask some questions face to face before buying
and knowing navtech and teleatlas they most likely arent on the maps anyway or are on as umnamed roads i may post the gps cordinets on thursday when i get there just for fun

device Lumia 950 xl
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alix,

Is the link below where the airfield is?

From StreetMap.co.uk

If so I will create and post a POI file for TT Navigator.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike i cant see it on my xda so ill check it out tomorrow morning and email you back its the same place as the aviation museum

device Lumia 950 xl
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike this is where it is [edit]

device Lumia 950 xl
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The location for the meetup is close to the marker in this link.

If you continue on and enter the airfield you will find everyone round the trucks. For those of you who dont know me I drive a dark grey Chrysler Voyager.

I am frantically trying to cobble some equipment and software together for the day. I am hoping to get a TomTom GO to demo, plus of course my normal box of tricks from Serial Mice to BT Data Loggers.

TomTom users can email me at mike@pocketgpsworld.com and I will send them a POI file with the location in it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: