Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap Active10 - Firmware version 1.400 Now available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap Active10 - Firmware version 1.400 Now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 09.02.21 Reply with quote

mow wrote:
Received the SD Card and installed the new Platform.

Nice new opening screen but limited additional functionality in my opinion, but it is nice to have SatSync working fully.

However having installed the new versions I still had one occasion when the "bug" reappeared
"Settings"
Sub set "Set Trip Data"
Make any change and try to exit to get the message:-
"Loading information please wait"
And that's it, the only option is to remove the battery and re boot.
My advice is to set this option and leave it well alone before the battery wires break through removal time and time again.
Anyone else getting this bug with 09.02.21 ?
Mike

Just picked up my unit from Satmap with the Motherboard replacement and the 09.02.21 platform. I got the same bug again whilst sitting in Satmap's office (even after doing the previously advised clear all settings). So they have now seen the bug first hand, although we were not able to repeat it again whilst I was there.

Another pleasant surprise after the upgrade was that it picked up satallite lock whilst I was sitting in their office nowhere near a window. Previously I have never been able to pick up the GPS signals whilst indooors
planetnine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very surprised at the Satmap's indoor performance, getting a lock in a bungalow where the Garmins struggle.

If I get a line-of-sight out of the window to an EGNOS satllite, I can get 6 or 9 feet accuracy while indoors...
GPSwalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 09.02.21 Reply with quote

RavingDave wrote:
mow wrote:
Received the SD Card and installed the new Platform.

Nice new opening screen but limited additional functionality in my opinion, but it is nice to have SatSync working fully.

However having installed the new versions I still had one occasion when the "bug" reappeared
"Settings"
Sub set "Set Trip Data"
Make any change and try to exit to get the message:-
"Loading information please wait"
And that's it, the only option is to remove the battery and re boot.
My advice is to set this option and leave it well alone before the battery wires break through removal time and time again.
Anyone else getting this bug with 09.02.21 ?
Mike

Just picked up my unit from Satmap with the Motherboard replacement and the 09.02.21 platform. I got the same bug again whilst sitting in Satmap's office (even after doing the previously advised clear all settings). So they have now seen the bug first hand, although we were not able to repeat it again whilst I was there.

Another pleasant surprise after the upgrade was that it picked up satallite lock whilst I was sitting in their office nowhere near a window. Previously I have never been able to pick up the GPS signals whilst indooors

I was thinking of buying the SD card hoping it would resolve the ‘Set Trip Data’ page intermittent bug. My free download carries this bug and I managed to reset after ‘clear all’ (but on testing, it did freeze a second time) and I have now left this page of data settings well alone. If the bug is not just endemic to the free download and also present in the card format, it would not be worth buying the card yet. And for anyone who already has, hopefully satmap will make available a patch to download from their site to overwrite the corrupted code whilst retaining the three card-unique features, or perhaps replace the card with a minor updated version of the software?

Since I don’t understand the software of this product, can one of you experts advise if I am on the right track… no pun intended. Should I wait, or should I buy?

I am a big fan of the Active10 and am sure the issue with the bug will soon be resolved. Smile
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 09.02.21 Reply with quote

Quote:
I was thinking of buying the SD card hoping it would resolve the ‘Set Trip Data’ page intermittent bug. My free download carries this bug and I managed to reset after ‘clear all’ (but on testing, it did freeze a second time) and I have now left this page of data settings well alone. If the bug is not just endemic to the free download and also present in the card format, it would not be worth buying the card yet. And for anyone who already has, hopefully satmap will make available a patch to download from their site to overwrite the corrupted code whilst retaining the three card-unique features, or perhaps replace the card with a minor updated version of the software?

Since I don’t understand the software of this product, can one of you experts advise if I am on the right track… no pun intended. Should I wait, or should I buy?

I am a big fan of the Active10 and am sure the issue with the bug will soon be resolved. Smile

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the card is to update the System Software. i.e. Related to, but not necessarily the Operating System. It probably has the other downloadable software(containing the bug) included in order to set up the machine after the update. This will obviously be the same software to that which you downloaded. So :

(1) The purpose of the card is to make the changes that will allow the new downloadable software to reach its full potential.

(2) If you want this extra capability, and possibly some future enhancements buy the card.

(3) When the bug is overcome Satmap will hopefully make a download available.
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it, he SD card completely reformats the device and then reloads the platform software, the intregral mapping (later version? ) etc. AND v1.4 operating software per the download.

I am sure that a minor update will be issued soon via download.
mow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Bug Update Reply with quote

I have been in contact with Satmap Tech Support over this issue.

I was told that following the last part of the installation was vital i.e.

Important - to complete the upgrade please disconnect the Active 10 from your computer and then go to the Main Menu, press the Settings button, press the Default button, press the Yes button and finally press the Clear All button.”

This I tried several times and yes all worked until I turned the unit off and then rebooted when the freezing re occurred.

I have most recently been instructed to re load the version 1.4 and new platform via the SD card and then undertake the "clear all" instruction as per the final instruction on the download page. Then immediately download the soft ware update from their web site and undertake the install again, remembering the all important “clear all” part.

Result again all OK ,no freezing until the unit was turned off and then on again and back comes the freeze exiting any change made in the “Set Trip Data”.

The end result is a freeze showing “Loading Information Please Wait”

The unit has now been recalled to Satmap

Update to follow

Mike
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4ndynorfolk wrote:

On a slightly different subject. Has anyone found an EGNOS signal yet?

Thought this was only going to be a southern thing, but been out today in North Staffordshire, between Leek & Cheddleton, and suddenly noticed my signal monitor had turned blue. Accuracy reported as 6ft which is pretty good (although why don't the Americans just turn off the gps drift now everyone knows how to get round it).
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly because EGNOS/WAAS not available in China, ex-USSR, Iran, etc ...?
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Possibly because EGNOS/WAAS not available in China, ex-USSR, Iran, etc ..
It's not EGNOS that lets anyone get round the gps drift, it is linking to a fixed base station (like the OS do to get cm accuracy).
manora
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:

Really if you are going to drop a bomb or a missile on somewhere a few meters one way or the other isn't going to make much difference so I don't understand why they bother, unless they are paranoid, now there's a thought.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The American Government ??... Paranoid ??.... Surely not? Rolling Eyes

Not like our sober West Mids police then - checking nursery schools for signs of extremist tendencies Embarassed
JimmyTheHand
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="davidor"]
4ndynorfolk wrote:
although why don't the Americans just turn off the gps drift now everyone knows how to get round it.

I thought they had disabled Selective availability - however the GPS signals you can use are less accurate than the encrypted miltary ones
JimmyTheHand
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:

Someone being able to hit sites China/USSR/Iran with greater accuracy would worry the Americans why?
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JimmyTheHand"][quote="davidor"]
4ndynorfolk wrote:
although why don't the Americans just turn off the gps drift now everyone knows how to get round it.

For the record, I didn't write that. Davidor did.
planetnine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidor wrote:
Quote:
Possibly because EGNOS/WAAS not available in China, ex-USSR, Iran, etc ..
It's not EGNOS that lets anyone get round the gps drift, it is linking to a fixed base station (like the OS do to get cm accuracy).

I understand the OS use differential GPS (although I don't understand how it is operated in the UK or how), but EGNOS is correction info from ground stations -the Geostationary satellite links are just the best way of transmitting to aircraft, etc. You can get EGNOS correction info via the internet.

I know differential signals are the most accurate as they're triangulated from directly, but EGNOS is still a ground station network...

PS I've just read that they run their own cm national network called OS Net. It sounds like it's an augmentation sytem like EGNOS though, correcting GPS signals rather than offering a direct triangulation service.

Anyone know any more?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: