Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom unveils GO 7000 TRUCK
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom unveils GO 7000 TRUCK
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Fibre wrote:
Tom-tom don't even recognise that the 740L has a micro SD slot -- and don't produce upgrade maps for it..

Drifting OT here but Tom-Tom most certainly do offer maps for all the x40's including the 940, see here.

Sorry Darren - I probably didn't make myself clear..
They don't offer the maps on SD cards for the 740 L with the Micro SD card..

There is a complicated way of downloading onto a Micro SD
-- the HELP desk sent me two pages of instructions when I asked
-- a bit too much for me
-- I just want to buy and put in a card..
-- and drive off

If they offered the truck programme on a micro SD
-- I would possibly get it
-- as it would be handy with the caravan..

Maurice
geordieboy64
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: tomtom go 7000 truck Reply with quote

you can also buy a fully loaded sd card which you can use in most tomtom go models which when installed into the device converts it to truck mode. ie you can enter the height, length and width of your motorand it will route you around the obsticles in theory only draw back i have found is it does not give you any warnings as to height,width or weight, lenght restictions it just simply routes you around them.Still think i would prefer to see a warning though.Ive bought a garmin465t truck unit which does give you warings but also gives you some silly directions. ie roads i know from one depot to another it takes me the long way round when i know the road i'm on is suitable for the truck i drive. simple thing is buy a good map and use your common sense.
navtrav
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Truck map on sd card Reply with quote

I paid the £160 for Europe Truck maps on an SD card for my TT Go 730. I'm really surprised there has been no reviews or discussion on this and what could be a boon for van, motorhome, lorry drivers, and caravan tuggers.

First time I pushed in the card, yes, I got all the 'Truck' options and facilities. So I then, using Windows Explorer, transferred over my favourites and POIs to the Western Europe map on the card.

Then came Trouble. The common problem of TT opening screen, then switching off, and reappearing. In the past (with the usual internal car map) I've solved this by using TT Home on my computer to operate the device. This solved the 'revolving-door opening' problems.

With the Truck SD card in, I just get the TomTom Home message 'Your map/software does not support this operation at present'.

Constant fiddling about, pressing the device's reset button, and connecting to the computer, I somehow managed to get the Truck map back up and working. (I wish I remember my actions)

A few trips later, I went to TT's Change Preferences for some settings options and I'm back with No Start-Up problem. Removing said card does allow me to revert back to the internal car maps. But now I seem to have ended up with a £160 useless SD card.

Is there anyone out there who has tried this card out? Anyone any advice, tips?

If this is in the wrong forum, please moderators, move it to a more appropriate section, while letting me know!

Tim
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use favourites as they are unstable, instead consider using a Custom POI file to store loactions you need as these are far more stable and reliable (Have a look in the TomTom Portable Navigation Devices forum, near the top is the FAQ thread page, one of the FAQ pages contains information on converting the MapSettings.cfg file to a custom POI file

Use Windows Explorer to view the contents of the SD card, open the map folder which will be named "Western_Europe" (or similar) delete the file named "MapSettings.cfg" then put the card back in the device, you will loose your favourites etc but it should let the device boot and use the map - Mike
navtrav
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did just as you said, Mike, and map up and working again.
Many thanks - Tim Very Happy
trucksatG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Still problems Reply with quote

Hi guys, for many years now iv been working on Tomtom designing feacher changes for the larger vehicles and have spocken to development team members. Now with the 7000 truck, yes its about time, but there are still problems, but on contacting tomtom again i just get fobbed off. If you set a route that ends up in a limit your vehicle cannot enter it warns you quite rightly, but many times larger vehicles deliver into these areas, and can do as long as that is there delivery point. But tomtom will then say can only be made by CAR do you want to make this route? So now if you ok that all your height, weight, width settings for your whole route are now void. SO BE CAREFUL .. I do have an answer to this problem ;) but as i am only a small voice NOBODY IS LISTENING. Please PocketGPSWorld can you shout for me???
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be a problem I'm doing highstreet multidrop all over the uk using the go 7000 it will never be prefect as your asking to to distinguish between except for access,loadi g only and flat no access I think these things will come eventually but will take long foe it to happen like you vie been mentioning this for years to tomatom and other companies at every opportunity to get these implemented for trucks as have the team on the past for now I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient and see if it comes about

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
trucksatG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to see someone else has this problem also, thanks for your reply . but i do have the answer, but tomtom wont listen. So lets SHOUT LOUD they do have my contact details.
trucksatG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another problem is if you are using 7000 please set your height, weight and width at least 3 inchs higher,heavier and wider as it will take your route through exact setting BE CAREFULL
navtrav
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: new maps? Reply with quote

I have been using the Europe Truck map on an sd card for a year now. While I get constant reminders to buy new versions of the ordinary car maps for my Go 730, I've seen no mention of an up-to-date Truck map.
I have regularly downloaded the map updates/corrections, but does anyone know if there is a complete new map, or one on the way?
Tim
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nt updated the 7000 at all since getting it and so far it's performed almost flawlessly

To set the height slightly higher than you vehicle is just comp. Sense Im currently delivering furniture into towncentre shops as with any satnav it's on there as a guide it ut tries to route you down an unsuitable road it's your choice to turn down it.

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: