Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Moving POIs between categories/groups
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving POIs between categories/groups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
planetnine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Moving POIs between categories/groups Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is there still no way of moving a POI from one category to another. Can it be acheived using SatSync?

I've been wandering around the menus half the afternoon and I still can't work out how to do it. Am I missing something? Surely it can't have been left out of the 1.4 upgrade with all of the other POI work done?

Nathan.
planetnine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No takers?

Ok, so if you don't create the POI in the correct folder to start with there's nothing you can do? Any workarounds?

hmm...
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that there is any way of doing it inside the A10 but one possible workaround, depending on how much messing about you are prepared to do.

you can export both POI categories as a tab deliminated text file to you pc.
Open them both up in excel and cut and past the POI from one file to the other.
Save them both back as a tab deliminated file and import them back into Satmap.
planetnine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: We're getting there... Reply with quote

Thanks Gibbbo, I had read through the solution you posted for LostMike and his hill forts. I tried exporting some of my categories and realised that I could reconstruct my categories with all POIs in their intended SatMap folders, so thank you for posting that demo thread for us, it will certainly be a workaround for me for now.

Do you know of any POI managing programs about (eg for the Geocaching community) that import/export in tab delimited format?

Once again, thanks for your help...

Nathan.
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: We're getting there... Reply with quote

planetnine wrote:
Thanks Gibbbo, I had read through the solution you posted for LostMike and his hill forts. I tried exporting some of my categories and realised that I could reconstruct my categories with all POIs in their intended SatMap folders, so thank you for posting that demo thread for us, it will certainly be a workaround for me for now.

Do you know of any POI managing programs about (eg for the Geocaching community) that import/export in tab delimited format?

Once again, thanks for your help...

Nathan.

Nathan

I certainly do. There is a suberb program called GSAK Geocaching Swiss Army Knife. and it lives up to it's name.

Basically you down load your pocket queries into the database, you can create as many different databases as you like. Then you select the geocaches that you want in your file and hit the export button.

The only tricky bit is that you need a "macro" that will generate a POI file in a format that SATMAP recognises, but the good news is that I have written such a macro which is in quite wide spread use in the geocaching community.

My macro is available to download directly from the GSAK macro library or via me if you would also like some instructions on use and installation.

I will PM you with my email address if you want to get in contact.

http://www.gsak.net
planetnine
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul, have emailed you...

Nathan.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: