Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap Active10 - Firmware version 1.400 Now available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap Active10 - Firmware version 1.400 Now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavingDave wrote:
...but the $64000 question (or in fact the £9.99 question)....is the SD card for updating the A10 device identical for both Mac and Windows. ie if I get a Mac SD card for free, will it update the platform firmware in exactly the same way as if I had bought a Windows variant?

Dunno Laughing
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smashing wrote:
I seem to have found a nasty bug in the new firmware. If I go into the 'Set trip data' menu then press back or done - the unit hangs with the only solution being to remove the battery. Has happened three times n a row now so not a momentary glitch.

Anyone else getting this problem (or is it just me)?

ETA - a nice fellow at satmap told me to clear all settings again...and it worked. So all's well and it's still a fantastic device.

Strangely no problem here,works as it should.

Ian
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
If you pull up the Settings | About page you will see something like version 1.400 (xx.xx.x). the xx.xx.x is the platform number. Consider it a base firmware onto which the software (1.4000) is loaded.
Aha! And there I was, thinking that was some kind of date! (Mine says: "Version 1.328 (08.11.03)") (OK I know v1.328 doesn't date back that far, but I wasn't really paying attention!)

So I guess the next question is: does anyone know what the most recent "platform number" is?
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smashing said
Quote:

I seem to have found a nasty bug in the new firmware. If I go into the 'Set trip data' menu then press back or done - the unit hangs with the only solution being to remove the battery. Has happened three times n a row now so not a momentary glitch.

Yes I'm getting it and told Satmap before they issued the software. I have also had it after a reset all on the trip screen.

I'm on old hardware.
Satsync 1.525
ROBDD1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the same issue .... 'Loading Information Please Wait' on screen. Nothing else happening.
cwmboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. Disconnected battery, restarted, then pressed "Reset All" in the Trip Log Menu. Sorted! Smile
Satmap A10
Anquet Maps 6.2.10
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucevans wrote:
I too have ordered the platform upgrade card, so I'll let you all know if it doesn't work for my very old Active 10 (serial number in the low hundreds, so if some older units have different innards, it's probably one of those!)

Ooops...I've just read the the updated guidance in the Satmap shop that states;

"Please note: If you unit is serial number 1-1975 you cannot update your unit to include the above 3 options. This is because the electronic components on early units cannot support these features. If you wish to upgrade the electronics in your unit please contact our tech support team on 0845 873 0101."

My serial number is in this range (I think...if they mean act10uk070xxxx where the xxxx is the range 0001-1975). And I've just had the shipping confirmation e-mail from Satmap for the SD card. Hmmm. A call to tech support tomorrow, I think... Rolling Eyes
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucevans wrote:
lucevans wrote:
I too have ordered the platform upgrade card, so I'll let you all know if it doesn't work for my very old Active 10 (serial number in the low hundreds, so if some older units have different innards, it's probably one of those!)

Ooops...I've just read the the updated guidance in the Satmap shop that states;

"Please note: If you unit is serial number 1-1975 you cannot update your unit to include the above 3 options. This is because the electronic components on early units cannot support these features. If you wish to upgrade the electronics in your unit please contact our tech support team on 0845 873 0101."

My serial number is in this range (I think...if they mean act10uk070xxxx where the xxxx is the range 0001-1975). And I've just had the shipping confirmation e-mail from Satmap for the SD card. Hmmm. A call to tech support tomorrow, I think... Rolling Eyes
This'll be interesting - is this going to be the first instance of the units in the hands of we early adopters being incapable of being kept up to date, at least without expensive modifications? (Mine is serial number: 0700535) Keep us posted.
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavingDave wrote:
smashing wrote:

ETA - a nice fellow at satmap told me to clear all settings again...and it worked. So all's well and it's still a fantastic device.

Had the same problem here, just hung showing a "Loading Info" screen. Pressing "Reset All" at the top of the Trip Log Menu seems to have sorted it.

Same problem has re-appeared. Haven't yet come up with a repeatable sequence to make it happen, but looks like a definite bug in there somewhere. Fortunately it's not related to a function that needs regular changes so I can do the reset, set the values to what I want, and then keep away from it until V1.4x comes out to fix it!
mow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Set Trip Data Bug Reply with quote

RavingDave wrote:
RavingDave wrote:
smashing wrote:

Had the same problem here, just hung showing a "Loading Info" screen. Pressing "Reset All" at the top of the Trip Log Menu seems to have sorted it.

Same problem has re-appeared. Haven't yet come up with a repeatable sequence to make it happen, but looks like a definite bug in there somewhere. Fortunately it's not related to a function that needs regular changes so I can do the reset, set the values to what I want, and then keep away from it until V1.4x comes out to fix it!

Having the same problem with this "Bug"
Try pressing the "Return to Map" button rather than the "done" or any other. It seems to exit without hanging.

Mike
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted satmap this morning and quoted my serial number- act10uk0700407 - and they confirmed that my Active 10 is not compatible with the platform upgrade, whether it comes on SD card or any other route. This also means that some features of the new firmware are not compatible with my unit, and presumably this will be true for some future new features as well.
The solution offered to me was to return my unit to Satmap for a motherboard replacement and platform and firmware upgrade - cost £35.00
I thought this was quite reasonable considering it replaces the majority of the unit (apparently the antenna will also be upgraded at the same time) and I'm considering combining it with a general service to replace my scratched inner screen. They also offered to deduct the the price of the upgrade SD card I've already purchased.

Rob
goon525
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same freezing problem with the set trip menu. Seems like it's universal.
ROBDD1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems pretty random too, do the reset trick and it will work ... however has come back on mine.

At least a setting that I tend not to change.

BTW SATMAP were in Manchester today take your satmap in and they will upgrade, a list on the web of where they are.
They local to me again in a few days so going back with satmap .... for SD install (saves £9.99)
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it was only a matter of time before we found out that original purchasers had different internal bits to the Johnny Come Latelys. I guess with number 0051 my baby needs some new innards!!! I'll probably wait for them to sort out that bug first though.
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my upgrade card today.

I can confirm that it does update the platform software.

I wonder, if I had ordered the A10 plus version it would have been able to upgrade to a pluse with postcode.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: