Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - S300T resets to FM transmitter for audio output
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

S300T resets to FM transmitter for audio output

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeeCee26
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: S300T resets to FM transmitter for audio output Reply with quote

Hi all,
I'm having a problem with my Navman S300T constantly resetting itself to the FM transmitter instead of the internal speaker for the audio output.

Everytime I turn the unit on, it has reset itself from internal speaker to the FM transmitter... which I really don't want.

I've spoken with the Navman helpdesk twice and been instructed to reinstall the voice files - which didn't help at all... and also to reinstall the software... which again didn't help.

If anyone has any hints at all, I'd be very grateful.
Cheers,
D
CaptainDrift
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Australian NAvman site there are updates for the spirit devices although they call them the platinum out there. Have you tried these 2 updates?
Ratbert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: S300T resets to FM transmitter for audio output Reply with quote

DeeCee26 wrote:
I'm having a problem with my Navman S300T constantly resetting itself to the FM transmitter instead of the internal speaker for the audio output.

Have you installed a lot of extra maps on your unit? Connect it to a computer and check how much free space you have left -- if it's full then unit may have issues saving your new settings. It's never a good idea to have device full all the way, always leave at least a few MB free.

If there is plenty of space then look around in subdirectories until you find user_settings.xml (or usersettings.xml, don't remember which one is the correct name), save it somewhere on your PC, then delete from device. This will revert all changes to settings you made to factory defaults (all your other data like My Places will not be affected). See if that helps.
DeeCee26
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies Ratbert and CaptainDrift.
I did try the updates but they didn't have any noticeable effect unfortunately.
No, I haven't installed anything at all on the unit... in fact it was only after I plugged it in to the computer for the first time to register the unit that it started acting up.
After a couple of very frustrating conversations with their help desk, I ended up sending the unit to Sydney for repairs.
The message that came back with it says they did repairs to the PCB and replaced the speaker.
Actually, I'm not even sure that they were looking for what I said the problem was as the paperwork listed the problem as "bad speaker"... I mean, seriously! That was never once mentioned in my conversation with their helpdesk... Anyway... moving on...
After all of that, it is still resetting itself to FM transmitter every time it is turned on.
Am I asking too much of this unit and staying on internal speaker isn't an option that is offered??
Ratbert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want to disable FM Transmitter completely? I don't have a unit with FM Transmitter to try this but I guess if you find and check out "appstartupsec.ini" on your unit, it will have one [ProcessX] (X is a digit) block for FM Transmitter start up. If it does, backup "appstartupsec.ini" first in case you want to put things back the way they were later, then delete [Process] block for FM Transmitter and adjust numbers (X) of other process blocks to be in order (unless the block you just deleted was the last one). This should disable FM Transmitter feature and hopefully your unit should now always use internal speaker.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: