Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mr Angry - What's been making us angry this week?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr Angry - What's been making us angry this week?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Mr Angry - What's been making us angry this week? Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.comOur occasional Newsletter Item.

These are the things that have irked us this week:

This makes me mad almost daily - Why don't we have a standard universal device charger standard? I'm fed up with the ever growing collection of anonymous chargers all with similar but slightly different sockets, Grrrrr

Why can't TomTom sort re-instate the Power ON when 12v power is applied and Power OFF when it's removed? It used to be there and it worked great. Then they took it away. Why? I want it back NOW!

What drives you mad?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr Angry - What's been making us angry this week? Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Why can't TomTom sort re-instate the Power ON when 12v power is applied and Power OFF when it's removed? It used to be there and it worked great. Then they took it away. Why?
It works great on the x10 series (and probably earlier models too)! Laughing

The software can't be that different. Rolling Eyes

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr Angry - What's been making us angry this week? Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Why don't we have a standard universal device charger standard? I'm fed up with the ever growing collection of anonymous chargers all with similar but slightly different sockets, Grrrrr

Laughing Out Loud..

I decided to throw away all my chargers as most of them are 5v anyway and spent about £20 on ebay replacing them all with usb alternatives, and then bought a good quality multi socket usb power adapter. Best value for money was a multi sized usb adapter for all those odd devices.

My gripe today is people who for whatever reason drive slower in the dark. My route home has a few 60 speed limits which during the summer don't cause any problem but with the onset of winter they are all doing 35.
SOPPIT YOU NUMPTIES, GET A MOVE ON! Evil or Very Mad

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My gripe today is people who for whatever reason drive slower in the dark. My route home has a few 60 speed limits which during the summer don't cause any problem but with the onset of winter they are all doing 35.
SOPPIT YOU NUMPTIES, GET A MOVE ON!

My gripe is people who complain about other peoples driving. Razz

The 60mph is a maximum speed. (Adjust according to conditions).

Could be drivers who don't know the road. (Rainham to Maidstone has a narrow road with 60mph limit, I challenge anyone not knowing the road to keep up with me).

Could be 'new' drivers. (Which is why I think it's a good idea to have green 'P' plates, although I think an amber 'L' for the first year after passing the test and a green 'L' the following year would help to let us know they are still inexperienced).

What's around the next bend/curve in the road? (A year off 50 years of driving I've lost count of the number of times I've made the right choice in speed when I've found a broken down car just around the bend, or pedestrians/cyclists in the road, without pathways, facing the traffic and in dark clothing. Your headlamps will be pointing away from them on a left hand bend and you may not see them. Remember, at 60mph it takes up to 80 yards to stop in the dry and longer in the wet).

On shorter journeys the difference between 35 and 60 is only minutes but there is more wear and tear, less mpg and it could save a life and/or a bent car.

Amen. Sermon's here every Thursday 16:30 - 16:45 Very Happy Razz
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

35mph Razz What are you moaning about? Try following darlings being dropped off at school in a pantechnicon (sorry, people carrier), down the centre of the road with a maximum speed of some 15mph if there's any moisture in the air Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Snudge
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes me mad is Court rulings like THIS
and anyone who rides a bike will appreciate the unfairness.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snudge wrote:

Disgusting and utterly unfair. How the hell can you be held to account for the action of someone else in that way?
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Snudge wrote:

Disgusting and utterly unfair. How the hell can you be held to account for the action of someone else in that way?

Arghhh, double edged sword me thinks. Been there and done it.
The whole idea on a ride out, is for the leader to make the moves and everyone else to follw and keep up.
dare I sayy it, but sometimes the idea will be to 'lose' the slower riders thereby forcing them to take chances to keep up.!

I'm not going to get into a 'right and wrong' argument, but it is good fun.

Ducking low, whilst running to get my coat and leave.
Harry06
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about motorists who take up two parking spaces? Grrrr

If you are incapable or too ignorant to get your car between the white lines you shouldn't be on the road.

Also caravans.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry06 wrote:
What about motorists who take up two parking spaces? Grrrr

Oh yes indeed!

The current trend in our road is for people to dig up their front gardens to make a personal car parking space. Not only does that ruin the look of the place, but that then reduces the shared parking places for the rest of us by yet another space.
Not only that, but they then think they have a perfect right to park THEIR second car across the drop-kerb. That's illegal, but the council have made their money now (they charge a few hundred quid to drop the kerb), and aren't interested in enforcing it.

So when some idiot parks across TWO of the few remaining spaces, I start fuming! I haven't been able to park anywhere near my house for days now.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
I haven't been able to park anywhere near my house for days now.

similarly, the field where i live is a regular dog-walking field. 2 things annoy me about that:

1) we suddenly lose any parking spaces that are already relatively low in number

2) the amount of pooh left on the field for the kids to play in/with... some people bag it up and take it with them. some people bag it up and leave the bag in the field. some people bag it up and hang it on the entrance gate to the field...!!!

angry? yes! relevant to GPS? no! do i care? no! cos it's the off-topic forum!

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Not only that, but they then think they have a perfect right to park THEIR second car across the drop-kerb. That's illegal, but the council have made their money now (they charge a few hundred quid to drop the kerb), and aren't interested in enforcing it.

It isn't illegal to park as you describe, providing there are no parking restrictions in force BUT if by doing so you are causing an obstruction to their exit, that is an offence. So if you park your second car across your drop kerb, how can you be causing an obstruction? Because you can move it if required. Very Happy Two spaces for the price of one. Good isn't it Twisted Evil

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: