Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 1.5 out (MyRoutes Added) - Thread starting at 1.3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 1.5 out (MyRoutes Added) - Thread starting at 1.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nashmills wrote:
Is that traffic in the UK?

Yes this is UK based traffic infomation - Mike
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not working, I've tried your suggestion Mike and I am still showing as offline. I'm now sending support an email!

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note though that Navigon British Isles doesn't have the traffic extra to buy yet. Now I wish I had bought the European version!

GREAT to hear that it's based on user data, and for that amount for a life subscription that's fab. Now it depends on (1) plenty of users (2) a good UI and (3) that it simply works.
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH-HA! It seems that I was right about the server thing. Navigon have confirmed that the uk server is not fully operational for one reason or another but soon will be. It is possible that other countries are working but that wouldn't show up in the uk, obviously. I also noticed that the iTunes description says 'Live Traffics for A, B, D, DK, F, FIN, N, NL, S' and no mention of UK. They are sending me an e-mail with more information but couldn't get a date for availability, so maybe their will be something mentioned in the email.

mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SSR wrote:
Now I wish I had bought the European version!.

I think patience is key here, unless you actually wanted european mapping! It seems that when I eventually get to use it, you'll be able to get it too.

mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when you think you've got a bead on something, it always has a habbit of biting you in the b^!

Navigon wrote:
bla bla same as you were told on the phone.

Please note the amount of time the service is not available and when it comes back online please contact us and we will lengthen the period of your usage of this service by the amount of time it was unavailable to you.

But I did find out the Germany is up and running and has a few details on the Navigon site including a nice screen shot of the My routes menu. Enjoy

SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing there's little point in having it if the server isn't working.

Here's hoping they get it up and running ASAP!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone who has NOT bought the 7-digit uk postcode add-on give this a quick try: http://MaFt.co.uk/navigon/postcode.php

i'm intrigued as to whether the 7digit data is in the app initially and just not accessible!

MaFt

EDIT TO ADD: you need to run the link on your iphone NOT on your normal web browser!!
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plugged in a 6 digit postcode, and when Navigon opened it gave me a choice of 6 digit postcodes *except* for the one I had entered.

I entered a different 7 digit postcode, and when Navigon opened it took me to the right road, but at least 500 yards away from the actual location.

I entered another 7 digit postcode, and when Navigon opened it took me within 100 yards of the actual house address.

So not sure if that is normal for postcode locations, but it's certainly not far away.

(I definitely have not bought the 7 digit postcode add-on)
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a postcode covers a range of addresses then this is as accurate as you get just from postcode. navigon doesn't accept house numbers with postcodes (at least not yet?!)

i'm actually rather annoyed that i just paid for 7-digit postcode support when it was there all along in the app...

oh well, save yourself £1.19 and add the link to your home screen!!

MaFt
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Licensing I guess is the argument. £1 though isn't a lot though, and surely could have been swallowed in the price for customer happiness.
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on quotes from Navigon on the number of probes used with their North American "live" traffic (1.3 million), that data is coming from Inrix. That also means that Inrix is gathering travel stats from iPhone Navigon app users.

“By including real-time speed data from drivers on the road, we are adding a next generation traffic service to our app that goes beyond traditional traffic functions which work with radio transmitted messages only. This is clearly raising the bar for iPhone GPS applications,” said Gerhard Mayr, Vice-President Worldwide Mobile Phones & New Markets at NAVIGON. . .

The App will be using a crowd sourced + probe traffic gathering solution that has about 1.3 million probes out in the market. The App is also designed to
monitor traffic data and send back anonymous reports from your traffic conditions too"
darthpaul
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no traffic for us...

Sad
FastLaneJB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping the UK traffic shows up soon. I really like the sound of it using info from other drivers as well however I'm concerned there won't be enough people in the UK using Navigon (Co-Pilot and TomTom rule the App Store here) and also purchase the Traffic add-on.

They'd be better to have all Navigon users reporting back but only the ones that pay for traffic get to use it. This might seem a little unfair but it would improve the number of people and make it much better when you do pay for the data. They could give people the option to opt out.
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update for Navigon coming soon, via their Twitter feed: Today we submitted the update 1.4.0 for our MobileNavigator software to apple. Find more information here: www.navigon.com/facebook #navigon

The Facebook link says: Good news for all iPhone fans: Today we submitted the update 1.4.0 for our MobileNavigator software to Apple! Soon you can enjoy 13 brand new features like navigation for pedestrians, a simple search via Google Local Search and the possibility to enter geographical coordinates.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: