Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 9 !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 9 !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpmhutch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Destinator 9 ! Reply with quote

Wow, Destinator 9

http://www.intrinsyc.com/destinator/

Not much info so watch this space.

Pete
BennTech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Map "expiration" Reply with quote

Anyone know what the story is about Destinator's upgrade/expiration policy? Unlimited for a year? Nothing says and Intrinsyc's Sales hasn't responded to my 2 emails.

Also, I'm particularly concerned about map "expiration" as indicated on Intrinsyc's Destinator FAQs. The final steps of activation have pics that state the map is activated and will expire on XX date. More disconcerting, the "Reactivation" section starts with
Quote:
Once the licensed period has expired, the Destinator application will display the following prompt, ‘Your current map license is expired, please visit www.destinatornavstore.com or contact your local distributor to get a new license!’ If you have registered and purchased your new map license at www.destinatornavstore.com then select Buy to renew your map license. Otherwise visit www.destinatornavstore.com to register and purchase your new map license.

To me that states once the (unknown) license period is over, Destinator stops working and you have to buy another license. Now I might not care if my maps are out of date, but I will care if it stops working entirely. I prefer to buy my software, not rent it.
willton
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Free Trial Destinator 9 Reply with quote

http://www.intrinsyc.com/newsletters/destinator200912/landing/default.aspx

Anyone had a go yet on Windows CE / Mobile 5 ?? (esp ASUS MyPal A636)
BennTech
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Works great on WM6.1 Reply with quote

Intrinsyc sales never responded to my repeated emails (even after getting back read receipts), so I flooded all the Intrinsyc emails I could find and finally someone responded. Here's what they said:

Quote:
The LG handset included a time limited license to the NAVTEQ map data. Buy purchasing the perpetual Destinator license from the www.DestinatorNavStore.com you will not have to purchase further map updates unless you wish too.

They ignored my inquiry about free map upgrades for X months, instead implying that we have to buy new maps, even if we're unlucky enough to buy Destinator the day before new maps are released. Surely that's right. Anyone know the free upgrade period?

Meanwhile, I've been using Destinator 9 free trial on my T-Mobile Touch Pro2 running WM6.1. Main screen is radically different and takes some getting used. I think I actually liked the old interface better, but alas, none of the previous versions work on the larger resolution screen.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: