Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Telmap Beta Testers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Telmap Beta Testers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Telmap Beta Testers Reply with quote

To make discussion easier we have created this forum area. As the initial thread is already growing at a pace it was soon going to be impossibel to track!

Feel free to start new topics on particular features/issues as you see fit.
dat1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Telmap for Blackberry 9530/ 9500 Issue Reply with quote

I was able to download the beta fine without any problem for the Blackberry 9530/ 9500. However, when I select the Map Me option I get an error (Your Location Is Temporary Unavailable, Place Device In An Open Area And Try Again).

Now I have all the GPS options enabled on my Blackberry and I know this because I run Google Maps and LifeInPocket gps app on my phone all the time without a problem.

Please if you can assist me I would truly appreciate it. My email is o_afariogun@yahoo.com or you could PM me if you prefer. Thanks!
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same error the last couple of times I've tried to use it as well - in Washington DC last week and in driving from Basel to Strasbourg last night. I don't know if there's something changed in the authorisations or not but my GPS is working as well.

[Edit: Must have been me. Has worked fine since]
j8ke20
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: New Beta Testers Reply with quote

Is Telmap still accepting new Beta Testers?

I had signed up, and very eager to put this software through some road tests, but I have not gotten any response email back. I have also emailed tugadmin, without a response.

I currently have Wayfinder, Wisepilot, and Amaze 5.0 on my Sony Ericsson C905 in which I would like to do some direct comparisons for each program, and see where I can help Telmap improve.

thanks
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j8ke20, sorry if this is obvious but have you checked your spam filters?
j8ke20
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Syborg,
yea, that was the first thing i checked. also did not get any SMS message on my phone at all.

If the Telmap team is based in Israel, they most likely only work half days Friday, and are off Saturday, so this may be why.. My Wife used to live there Smile
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Accepting new beta testers Reply with quote

Hi j8ke20,
We are indeed still accepting new beta testers, however have just reduced the list of supported devices - as it happens your SE c905 is still on the list, so if you haven't received your download link feel free to register again - it should work now.

Thanks
TUGAdmin
mincealors99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: I would like to test the Telmap navigator Reply with quote

I would like to be part of the Beta Testers of Telmap for the BB Bold.

I currently use Nebraska navigator for Europe and North America as I do between 15 to 25 trips a year to countries such as Italy, the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Greece, Canada.

I have tried other GPS applications on my BB Bold such as Wisepilot, Garmin and Telenav. At this time, I am using Webraska because of it's excellent accuracy and fair annual subscription costs.

If you still have a requirement for beta testers, then please consider my offer to test your application.

Thanks

Last edited by mincealors99 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
j8ke20
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Accepting new beta testers Reply with quote

TUGAdmin wrote:
Hi j8ke20,
We are indeed still accepting new beta testers, however have just reduced the list of supported devices - as it happens your SE c905 is still on the list, so if you haven't received your download link feel free to register again - it should work now.

Thanks
TUGAdmin

yup, got it working, and I have also sent you some feedback already using the feedback form Smile

thanks!
robrowald
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys still supporting the 9500 series of blackberry devices?
I told a friend about telmap and he said it wasn't listed as a supported device. I went and looked and sure enough when you try to sign up it doesn't list it anymore... What's the deal?
Should I wait around or are you really not going to support it?
caustic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robrowald wrote:
Are you guys still supporting the 9500 series of blackberry devices?
I told a friend about telmap and he said it wasn't listed as a supported device. I went and looked and sure enough when you try to sign up it doesn't list it anymore... What's the deal?
Should I wait around or are you really not going to support it?

It would be odd to discontinue support, it works perfectly with my 9550. With exception to a few minor issues that are not device specific (more age of map related). I will now have to look and see if it has been discontinued.
angel1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Telmap V5 search in florida Reply with quote

This is not working in Florida for the BB9000 (bold)
When ever I submit an address it always come back with either can't be found or give me and address in El Portal( somewehre in Miami)
imercado
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Telmap V5 search in florida Reply with quote

angel1 wrote:
When ever I submit an address it always come back with either can't be found or give me and address in El Portal( somewehre in Miami)

I am going to take a wild guess and say that you are ending most of your search addresses with "FL". I am guessing that "El" is close to "FL" and therefore the search engine is erroneously giving you results there.

Try NOT ending your searches with the state code, just the city. I was having similar issues in GA with all search addresses being located in Gainesville, even though I was explicitly searching in Atlanta.

Ian
kstrouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: More Florida woes Reply with quote

I'm using Telmap 5 in Florida as well. I have the country/state set to Florida, and in nearly every search I do, I remember not to put in the state. Whether I give a business name, or a full address, or a zip code, or some combination of those, I'd say that nine times out of ten it doesn't find my location in any category on the first try, and maybe half the time it simply never finds it.
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Supported devices for Telmap5 Reply with quote

Hi Forum
We have been getting several inquiries about supported devices - especially on BB Storm.

Since we recently upgraded to Telmap5, we are only accepting new members who have one of the Telmap5 supported devices.
Currently those are BB 9700, 9000 and 8900, and 7 Sony Ericsson devices.

As with any new product we will continue to add supported devices over time.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: