Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Loading poi's to SD Card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading poi's to SD Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveapace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Loading poi's to SD Card Reply with quote

Hi all,

First, great site. Now for my problem.

I have just loaded speed cams poi to my Kenwood KNA G421V system and it has loaded ok. Now if I want to load a poi for LPG as well I need to do it at the same time as the speed cams poi, but when I use POIloader to put them on my SD Card it calls them both 'poi.gpi'. So how do I load both at the same time?

Hope you can help.

Many thanks. Dave.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to put ALL your POIs into ONE folder, then 'POILoader' that.
Rebel154
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
I think you need to put ALL your POIs into ONE folder, then 'POILoader' that.

BigPerk is correct. You need to put all your POIs and camera files (which are treated as POIs) into the same folder and then point POI Loader at that folder. It will create a single poi.gpi file containing all your POI/camera data.

Note that if you wish to update the cameras (or add other POIs) you need to ensure that data for all your POIs are in the folder as the file overwrites existing data when loaded into the Nav unit. It's an all or nothing system when it comes to POI updates.
daveapace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the prompt replies. I have done what you suggest and it works. I subcribed to pocket gps world today and the responce to my question is amazing quick.

Again many thanks for your help.

Dave.
DaleyP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going one step further with this thread, does anyone have any idea how to combine both UK and European camera files when using POILoader?

The download instructions (which worked brilliantly well, especially compared to those given by Kenwood for their updates...) put a high importance on the units of measure, i.e feet and MPH if in the UK and metres and KPH if in Europe. So what settings should i use to download a combination so it still works when i cross the channel?

Am i over complicating it and it is just a matter of changing the units on my DNX7240BT or is it not possible?

I'd be really grateful for any input. Thanks
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This works for Garmin units so I'd imagine it'll work for the Kenwood units.

Basically load the UK (MPH) files to the card then rename the file to POIUK.gpi, then run POILoader again for the EUR (KPH) files making sure you change the units in POILoader to KPH and load both files to the unit.

You could do the same to separate your speed cameras and normal POIs too. However I'm not sure this has been tested with the Kenwood units.

Not sure if you need to change the Kenwoods units to KPH when you cross the channel though...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: