Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Forum Moderation - Re-Read Darren's Post in Locked Thread
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Moderation - Re-Read Darren's Post in Locked Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capvermell
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Forum Moderation - Re-Read Darren's Post in Locked Thread Reply with quote

Quote:
In actual fact Moderators have no access to personal information other than that provided by members for public viewing.

I re-read Darren's last but one post today in the locked thread and it remains factually inaccurate in a very significant respect (i.e. forum moderator can see email addresses of members and Jo Public posting in the forum cannot).

If it is felt necessary to keep locking threads that are a fair and resaonble discussion of a serious issue then the forum clearly has something it wants to hide. Mad
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rfp2001 wrote
Quote:
Please can this difference of opinion now be put to rest - whatever the feelings of the respondents.

This site is far too helpful and informative than to be highjacked in this way.

PLEASE Capvermell let it go!

Apart from the moderators and the management, the rest of us don't know and can't know what it's all about. And I agree with rfp2001 - we 'Jo Public' punters don't particularly WANT to know what it's about either.

Can I suggest, Capvermell, that you are better advised to directly pm the ''management'' staff you have an issue with privately, please. Incidentally, the only private /personal information about yourself (speeding?) seems to have been given by YOU (and I'm STILL not interested Rolling Eyes ).

The rest of us, I suspect, are more interested in the 'normal business' of the valuable assistance and help given by PGPSW.
Capvermell
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
The rest of us, I suspect, are more interested in the 'normal business' of the valuable assistance and help given by PGPSW.

As also was I until I was extensivley stomped on by a White Van Man unfortunately over promoted in life to the role of forum moderator and unable to exercise the balanced judgement so critical to that role.

A different moderator from DennisN (AndyP) had found several of my earlier posts in the forum to be valuable contributions and commented on them to that effect.

For the forum to say that I started the conflict with DennisN is a convenient rearrangement of the facts in its own favour.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like the outcome that the directors came to after quite a lot of their own time was given up then your issue is with the directors of PocketGPSWorld.com.

You have the contact details from their recent communications with you so I would ask that it is dealt with out of the forums.

I would suggest, however, that as the outcome of the investigation has already been decided that you should just let it lie. If you are still not happy then you are free to leave at any time.

MaFt
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had enough of your opinions here. If you continue in this vein I will refund your subscription and delete your account.

Personally I have many more pressing matters than dealing with your gripe imagined or otherwise.

If you want to continue using the database and contributing to discussion on GPS then you are welcome to do so.

If however you wish to continue this pointless argument then let me know and I'll issue the refund and we can all move on.

Your move.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"balanced judgement"
Question Exclamation

..... Shocked
Capvermell
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
I've had enough of your opinions here.

Do you only like the sound of your own opinions then? If you don't like discussion then why on earth bother to run a discussion forum? Not least about whether or not TomTom gives a damn for the quality of its service or is only interested in launching features it can't support properly as a wease to extract more hard earned cash.

Quote:
If you continue in this vein I will refund your subscription and delete your account.

That sounds like the behaviour of someone who is extremely intolerant and bad tempered. Do you have employees? If so I wouldn't like to be one of them? Do you own all the shares in the company so they have to do absolutely everything you say without question I wonder?

Quote:
Personally I have many more pressing matters than dealing with your gripe imagined or otherwise.

Such as getting a new dog or replacing your car it would appear. I can't actually imagine why you might think any of us only interested in improving our Satnavs should actually have any interest in cross links to your personal website about your own personal life?

The issue you object to me discussing actually related to petrol stations and their opening hours not being in TomTom's database and the accuracy of their petrol price data. I then not entirely surprisingly became upset when DennisN suggested anyone needing such data was the kind of person who would clearly follow their Satnav blindly in to a stream bed. Judging from your own short tempered and non moderate style of moderation I can't imagine you taking kindly to receiving any such comments about an entirely reasonable Satnav related point of your own. The idea its clogging up the forum is utter nonsense. People don't have to read this thread and its now in the Feedback section where this kind of discussion ought to be entirely legitimate. If you don't like Feedback that suggest you only like listening to the sound of your own trumpet?

Quote:
If you want to continue using the database and contributing to discussion on GPS then you are welcome to do so.

You might ban me from the discussion forum (although it appears only for the unpardonable sin of revealing you had misled the forum about moderators being able to access member email addresses which you claimed wasn't possible) but if you vexatiously also attempt to take a completely unrelated decision to stop me accessing your data on which I do not believe I have infringed any of the terms and conditions then I will need to investigate what legal remedies exist against such highly unreasonable behaviour.

I really don't think you should try and use your customers wish to know about where speed cameras are as a method of blackmailing them in to not being able to exercise their right of free speech in the forum. Mad

I think you have forgotten that you are now a commercial service and so you can't continue to tell the sob story of how everyone gives up their time for absolutely nothing and gets nothing out of it other than helping other people who want to avoid speed cams, etc, etc, etc........

Unfortunately I think I begin to see where DennisN may take his cue from.
Capvermell
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
If you don't like the outcome that the directors came to after quite a lot of their own time was given up then your issue is with the directors of PocketGPSWorld.com.

I find it odd that they find any form of criticism so threatening or difficult to take. I don't see why you need to hide such discussions behind closed doors.

I don't recall ever using any form of four letter words or expletives in the forum at any time. Apparently my sin was for criticising a moderator for not being moderate enough. But your view is that as you are the directors customers have no rights at all and had better shut up or be thrown out?

I find only very small companies with certain very egotistical personalities in charge of them ever behave in such an intolerant and high handed manner.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave you a clear choice. I have no intention of reading your drivel any more.

Your FULL refund has been issued, you have no recourse to any action whatsoever regardless of what you may mistakenly believe.

So there can be no misunderstanding, you are banned from these forums and our member service permanently. If you attempt to rejoin under a different address then I will lock that account also.

Be proud of the fact that with 300,000 members I have only ever taken this action twice. You participate in these forums and use our member services at our discretion.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you can't continue to tell the sob story of how everyone gives up their time for absolutely nothing and gets nothing out of it other than helping other people who want to avoid speed cams, etc, etc, etc........

Oh dear, I can't remain quiet any longer.

It's not a sob story, it's a fact. If you check against my name you will see I'm a Verifier. I do it to help others who in turn help by spotting cameras to add to the database and that helps me. You've mentioned DennisN a number of times, if you had the decency to thank him for every camera he'd verified you'd still be thanking him at Christmas and beyond. As a verifier I see the amount of work he puts in in his own time and the mileage he covers, all for no reward other than helping people like yourself.

Sat Navs are to get you from A to B, like a paper map but without having to keep referring to it. Sat Navs are far from perfect from mapping errors, wrong routing, POI's in the wrong place etc. You won't, if ever, get perfection so instead of getting yourself all up tight, why not go back to what you did before, where YOU were in charge of your driving, NOT the Sat Nav.

I was going to suggest bus and train timetables but I guess, after having read your other posts, you'd find something to complain about there.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: