Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - x50 Range
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

x50 Range
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capvermell
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
And I find EPT mode is useless when I'm in the London high building canyons in thick traffic. IMHO anybody in UK who buys a 9x0 for the sole reason of EPT is paying for the privilege of being disappointed. Bear in mind, if your device turns turtle and finds itself off course, it's going to re-route and start telling you to make a U-turn or turn left/right to get back to your route. For this country bumpkin in London, that's mega scary and is the reason I have the large screen Advantage running in 2D mode permanently.

So surely there are situations (eg Mont Blanc Tunnel) when EPT works better as why else would TomTom have invented it?
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capvermell, I really wish to apologize. I must have had something else on my mind rather than the x50 series. Stop it!

There has been no announcement of anything from that line making it to the States yet, so the 340/340S is the newest and soon to release Live devices for the United States. If/when an x50 for America is announced, it could have only the same 30 days to evaluate as the European version. Unfortunate too that our Canadian friends won't be offered Live services on any TomTom (for now).
Capvermell
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gatorguy6996 wrote:
There has been no announcement of anything from that line making it to the States yet, so the 340/340S is the newest and soon to release Live devices for the United States. If/when an x50 for America is announced, it could have only the same 30 days to evaluate as the European version. Unfortunate too that our Canadian friends won't be offered Live services on any TomTom (for now).

I travel regularly to Spain (usually fly there and then hire a car) and there is still no date announced for availability of Live services there or consequently for our UK units to roam there and use those services. But we are supposed to be able to access HD traffic and the like in France, Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland with our UK units very shortly via roaming agreement that will not cost any extra subscription.

I'm not sure what the hold up is with Spain as its a large country with plenty of traffic jams in Madrid and Barcelona and Vodafone also has a large subsidiary there and HD traffic is reliant on a data deal with Vodafone within the EU.
chacker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Ship date Reply with quote

Does anyone know when the x50 series will actually be shipping? I had heard that it was going to be around Oct 21st but that date came and went. Amazon and Play are still saying that they don't have stock available and don't have any dates.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTs website lacks the Buy Now buttons under the x50 range so any dates you see anywhere else should be treated as a guess...
Capvermell
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
TTs website lacks the Buy Now buttons under the x50 range so any dates you see anywhere else should be treated as a guess...

Several other websites seem to be willing to commit to sell the unit today at a definite price for later delivery as and when they become available (which is meant to be any time this week or perhaps next week).
chacker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had an update from Amazon saying that my GO 950 will be shipped on 6th Nov. Not sure I believe them Smile
Pritch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon in Germany is shipping the 950... All the feedback there suggests that the Live Services are not working!!
madgee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Oh no, not again Reply with quote

Pritch wrote:
Amazon in Germany is shipping the 950... All the feedback there suggests that the Live Services are not working!!

I had loads of hassles buying the 740 a few weeks ago, with two units from two different retailers failing to connect to Live Services. Tomtom customer services had no answers. Sent both units back in the end for refund.

Want to buy 750 but fear history may be about to repeat itself!
chacker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Where's my TomTom?! Reply with quote

Amazon have been promising for the last week that the Go 950 would ship today and low and behold their website has now reverted back to "Out of Stock". This is getting annoying now. Mad
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon.co.uk currently lists the go 950 @ £299.99 with free delivery as

In stock.
Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.

iPhone 12
Supersnapper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Go 750 Live Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum so hope I don't make any mistakes and annoy forum members.

I received my new Tom Tom Go 750 Live yesterday (5th Nov) I would be grateful if you can tell me if the pocketGPSworld speed camera database would be compatible with the Go 750 Live or should I go for the Tom Tom camera database.

Also my mobile phone will not connect with the Go 750 Live, my phone is a Samsung SGH-D600, according to the tom tom website it is compatible with the Go 750. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

Graham (Supersnapper)
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the first question about the speed camera database, yes, the PGPSW is compatible. Just follow the instructions for the x20, x30 and x40 models which are here
Supersnapper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul,

I think I will download the camera database now. I know they worked with my old Tom Tom Go Classic, but was not sure of the new Go 750.

The Go 750 came with one months free subscription to camera alerts, but where I live in Wales there are quite a few speed cameras that the Go 750 has not picked up yet.

Anyway thanks for your help

Regards

Graham (Supersnapper)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Tom Tom Go 750 Live Reply with quote

Supersnapper wrote:
Also my mobile phone will not connect with the Go 750 Live, my phone is a Samsung SGH-D600, according to the tom tom website it is compatible with the Go 750. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have no personal experience of this, so all I can offer is a suggestion that you persist in trying to connect. It has often been reported in the past that phones won't connect, but that was solved by trying several times. I can't actually see the GO 750 listed in the compatibility table but your phone seems to be somewhat compatible with all other earlier models so I'd expect a fair chance it'll link with the x50 range.

As for the TomTom cameras, they are really woeful. I've had a XL Live for about six weeks now and I've deliberately updated the cameras daily (I get three free intro months), just for comparison purposes (I have a couple more TomToms running the cameras from here alongside it) and the comparison is incredible. If you cared to search around, only very recently somebody posted that of the six separate sites for average speed (specs) cameras between Bristol and Manchester, TomTom had precisely NONE, but they did have one site with them, but they had actually been removed months ago - the PocketGPSWorld database was correct. A couple of days ago I decided to disable them and give myself a bit of peace. The pgpsw database, with spoken warnings is so superior it's a waste of breath even talking about the comparison.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: