Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navman icn 550 difficult to turn on
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navman icn 550 difficult to turn on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
standarren
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: navman icn 550 difficult to turn on Reply with quote

hi guys i have a navman icn 550 i went to put it on the other day but for some reason it didnt want to no i carried on driving then suddenly it came on it was plugged into the charger the red light was on to indicate it was charging
i pulled over to insert the directions after aroung 30 seconds it went off again i've checked the status of the battery and it says its 0% charge it was always pretty bad but i thought that if it was plugged into the charger it would still power on also i've tried to take a peak at the battery inside but not sure how to get into it question is should i replace with new battery or is it at the end of its life
CaptainDrift
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you charged it from a mains charger?
If left overnight will the battery reach 100%
standarren
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mate just done that its at 100% now but decreases is it the inferia charger i bought regards daz
flinta
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: How to open the unit Reply with quote

The batteries will deteriorate over time and may need replacing if they will not hold the charge. The 4 screws that hold the unit together are accessable from the rear of the unit but may be hidden by small plastic discs. Once removed slowly tease the unit by apart by using your thumb nail between the two halves ensuring that any memory card installed is removed first along with the stylus. The battery is the black item you can see when you open the unit
trekkertrekker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: navman 550 Reply with quote

If anyone can help on this thene be grateful.....My unit went dead so I followed the instructions below took it apart carefully and replaced battery.
Put it on mains charger till unit turned green and came on .....However I cannot get past the screensaver and on linking it to the computer it says it has the maps etc in it but i cant get to them.....Any ideas please ....Thanks trekkertrekker

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: