Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One v1 - Perpetual Motion Fault
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One v1 - Perpetual Motion Fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jellyroll
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: TomTom One v1 - Perpetual Motion Fault Reply with quote

Quite a wacky fault, this, and hard to know how to describe it, so also difficult to search the forums to see if it's been observed before.

Hardware: One v1 (4N00.001), App 7.903, GPS v1.21, Map UK & Rep Ireland v835.2420

Today my wife set off on a drive to see some firemen ("work-related", she claims...), and within a few minutes was back and begging to borrow my One v2, because her unit was constantly recalculating the route. I did some checking, and it seems to have developed a fault whereby as soon as it picks up some satellites it thinks it's in motion, eventually claiming to be going at 125mph while actually sitting on a window sill.

It was fine last time used, on Wednesday morning. The only changes since then are that this morning I updated the PocketGPSWorld speed cameras on it, and use TomTom Home to update its Ephemeris/GPSFix.

I've tried a hard reset, and removing and reloading the GPSFix, to no avail. Has anyone come across this problem before? I've a nasty feeling it's a hardware fault, and probably renders the device beyond economical repair. Crying or Very sad
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had the problem, but it has a familiar ring to it. Have a look at this thread and see if anything there helps?

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Jellyroll
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the symptom described in that thread once, heading down the M1 near Leicester, and this one is different, I think.
Jellyroll
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my SO finally got around to testing the device (it's hers, not mine, and I was away from home for a week).

It's working perfectly. Shocked

Maybe it latched onto the ISS instead of a pukka GPS satellite. Laughing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was as excited about those firemen as she was! Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: