Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth iO module
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth iO module
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get the addaptor to fit in the Brodit holder as its considerably wider than the available hole for the connector, I have never used the pass through holder though.
In the end I cut the bottom section off the Brodit phone holder so it could accept the phone and the accessory:

As you can see with the addaptor fitted there is insufficiant support for the iPhone when placed in the Brodit holder.

First of all I moved the Brodit logo to the side of the holder as the location it is supplied on is about to be removed.

Hacksaw came to the rescue to remove the bottom section of the Brodit mount.

This allows the iPhone with the accessory fitted to locate in a secure way to the car holder.

Installed in the car its not too bad, but I have no way to charge the iPhone using the addaptor as I have the non powered type which is a major let down.

Don't worry about the silly warning messages the iPhone puts on screen when you connect the accessory as the iPhone works fine with the add on connected, just answer NO to the stupid recomendation to put the phone in Flight mode (as shown on the pictures above) - Mike
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Mike, thats one way of doing it nice job, (is that my Holder i sold you ) All I want now is some good electrical fitter to wire in a io Play
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttrevor wrote:
is that my Holder i sold you

Yes, Indeed it is - I don't get down to Lincolnshire too often these days otherwise I would have offered to fit it myself, I used to pass Sleaford on a regular basis.

Its not a difficult job to install the iO-Play in the car though and I am sure quite a few of use could help you out with a few pointers in the right direction should you want to do it yourself (what car and Stereo have you got would be a good start point) - Mike
lexuscol
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can this be fitted to an Mercedes C Class which is using the D2B audio system?
carioca1000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpg1,

I have similar problems with my TT 740 which is connected via the BT earphone output.

Sometimes the audio from TT 740 is muted via IOPLAY.

Then otherwise it does a reboot or restore or I reloaded it with a previous backup at home. It is pretty annoying.

My CD player works with the car ignition on or off, but my IOPLAYER only when car ignition is on, but this seems not be the problem.

Any solution?

Regards from Brazil,

Felipe

jpg1 wrote:
Just thought I'd give an update on how I'm getting on trying to connect the N82, Go 530 and the iOPlay...

I have figured out how to make them all work together correctly, but I have to force the A2DP connection to the TT Go 530 by getting into the car with my N82 switched off - otherwise when I get in the car and turn the ignition on, it will connect to the iOPlay with the HFP and A2DP modes straight away, before the TT has had a chance to occupy the A2DP role.

I have to do the following in order:

The problem I had before was that connecting the N82 with nothing already paired to the iOPlay forced it to pair with the N82 for both the HFP and the A2DP profiles - not what I wanted! But there is no way, that I know of, to disable the A2DP mode of the N82 bluetooth, whilst keeping the HFP mode active. Hence why I need to get the TT connected before I switch the phone on.

btw - I need to switch the N82 off because it won't connect to the TT for GPRS traffic unless it has been re-booted after the bluetooth has been turned on.

Hope this helps anyone else in the same scenario...
Tuppe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Had an IO Play fitted yesterday, chickened out on installing myself, and am impresssed so far.

Quality is fine and much better than the cassette adapter I used before and switching is fast so don't miss anything on GPS route announcements.
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just add a word of warning to those who might think that a Parrot carkit with Blutooth Streaming such as the MK6000 and a Tom Tom will provide the same functionality as the IOplay. There are some differences. Basically, from what I can gather here, the IOplay doesn't issue an AVRCP command to the device it is controlling, it simply mutes that stream. I'll try to explain this by sharing what the Parrot does with my BlackBerry and then my Tom Tom.

When paired with the blackberry for voice calls and for streaming A2DP audio, the setup works beautifully. So for example, I get in the car and the radio is on. I open the audio player on the BlackBerry and instantly I have AVRCP control of the device. I can pause, skip, FF REW etc from the Parrot controller and it's a joy. A call comes in and the Parrot issues an AVRCP command to my device to pause the music and once the call is complete it hands back to the BlackBerry and music continues. All perfect except that I don't get navigation commands from the Tom Tom this way.

So if I disable AV target and AVRCP in the bluetooth settings of the backberry I can still take calls via the Parrot but this frees up the streaming for the Tom Tom navigation commands (and MP3 player should I wish). Pair the 720 with the Parrot and it would seem I have a perfect setup. If I'm listening to the car radio it will interupt the radio, issue the command then hand back. However the TOM TOM is slow to release control back to the Parrot so you get an annoying 1 second silence but I could live with that. However, if I play MP3s on the Tom Tom, firstly I get no controls on the parrot so have to navigate to the menu on the TT and do it (which would be the same with the IOplay). Annoying but I could live with it. But the dealbreaker for me is the way the Parrot issues a pause command to the TT instead of just muting it out. During a call, navigation instructions blast out of the TT internal speaker which is unbearable and the subsequent fiddling is dangerous when mid-call too. Whats more if you are mid music from the Tom Tom it too blasts from the internal speaker. This is because the command which the Parrot succesfully issues to the BlackBerry when streaming can't be actioned due to no Tom Tom AVRCP and subsequently, because it isn't in pause, when the Parrot 'releases' the stream it comes out of the internal TT speaker.

I believe the Parrot actually tries to do a better job than the IOplay does. An (arguably) better implementation of the AVRCP protocol but TT's lack of support for it leaves it failing by a million miles.

I now just have the internal speaker on the Tom Tom and stream music from the BlackBerry. I've been a long time fan of Parrot but wish I'd gone for the IOplay. The slightly different implementation makes it perfect to work with the half-finished Tom Tom implementation.

Thought I'd add this to avoid an afternoon of fitting a Parrot thinking they'd get the same as the IOplay only to be sadly dissapointed.
Holux GPSslim
jpg1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Felipe,

I don't have the same problem with my new Go 740 Live, so unfortunately I don't think I can help you. I have had the TomTom fail to connect to the iOPlay unit just once. And re-pairing the two devices afterwards solved the problem. I (perhaps naively) don't expect it to happen again.

I do have a problem with my 740 and the iOPlay though - sometimes when the radio mutes out to play the TomTom instructions through the car speakers, the first part of the instructions doesn't get through. Either that, or the first 1-2 seconds of instructions play fine and then the 3rd second gets muted. It happens on every single journey and can be a nit annoying. Does anyone else have this problem? I suspect that it's a TomTom problem.

J-P
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very occassionally but i suspect it the TomTom stutter causing it as it also happens with the internal speaker...
tronco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, newbie here, Warren's the name. Here in NZ handheld mobile phones are being made illegal as of 1 Nov, and I've gotten sick of using in-ear Bluetooth, so thought now would be a great time to get an iO Play or Parrot Mki9000.

From what I can see the iO play seems superior, but I have a question about iPhones, and specifically using it for music, calls and Sat-Nav (I have TomTom & Sygic installed). How does it integrate and cutout sound with the combination of these applications? I imagine there is just one stream, and the iPhone chooses what to fade out (ie. incoming call over music), but as I don't have bluetooth streaming in my car I'm not sure how iPod function and Calls interact with the Sat-Nav programmes. Up till now I have just been listening to TomTom instructions through the iphone's speaker as well as the car stereo.

Can someone please enlighten me if I can use these three applications together all from the iPhone and how this would work?

Finally, while streaming music, can you change albums, songs, etc. on the iPhone if not using Sat-Nav (I understand the iO Play control only allows for pause/play and volume adjustments, like the earphones with the 3GS)?

Thanks for your help,

Warren
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Warren and welcome to the forum, With music playing on the iPOD and the phone running another application such as navigation you can get at simple audio controls by pressing the round button on the phone twice (rapidly) this brings on screen some basic controls such as track fwd/ back etc.
Navigation applications differ in their levels of integration with the iPhone, Navigon is great offering full iPOD control from within the Nav application (works best as a car nav system on iPhone as well compared to all the others).
In use the music is played through the car speakers, when a Nav instruction is made the music is paused/ lowered in volume for the nav instruction to be heard, this lowering/ pausing etc is under the control of the nav application. If/ when the phone rings then the nav application is effectively closed down while you are on the phone, this is not something I like and its down to Apple to resolve it as its one of their limitations.
If you are using the iPhone for navigation and listening to the car radio the iO-Play will kick in playing the nav sounds via the car speakers, once any nav instruction is complete the audio from the radio is resumed, same applies if listening to the CD in the car - Mike
tronco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike. Navigon doesn't have a NZ edition yet, but I will keep my eyes out. BTW I found Sygic do be very poor around my town - giving long-cuts as the quickest route.

Is iO Play something I can install, having no experience in anything electrical? Or would you suggest using an professional installer?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really easy to install this device as it simply plugs in to the back of the stereo, as long as your head unit has ISO style plugs on it then its as easy as plugging in a kettle or television in my opinion - Mike
cptncanary
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My IO Play was installed today (l didn't fancy messing it up myself); my 3GS iphone pairs ok under it's own Bluetooth, and streams to the car stereo via IO Play.
However, the IO Play cannot control the iphone, to skip tracks, etc. for that, I need to attached the included Bluetooth dongle (having disabled the iphones bluetooth connection).

It's not perfect, but the sound quality is pretty good. I've yet to test the phone capabilities.
cptncanary
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody else found that, in order to answer calls via the remote console and use the skip track buttons, you need the iphone Bluetooth and the Bluetooth dongle in place?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: