Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Strange error when trying to connect to Live services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange error when trying to connect to Live services

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covenant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Strange error when trying to connect to Live services Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I'm using a Go 540 Live, and just wondered if anyone has seen this error before ? I'm waiting for the 2nd line Tomtom guys to get back to me after waiting a week, but still nothing.
I've tried all the normal steps - e.g. formatting, restore from both Windows and Home and soft & factory resets, but still nothing.I've also checked that all files are correct and not corrupted as in previous posts about the inability to access the Live services.
I've got the monthly subscription for the Live services which is apparently up to date (according to Tomtom support).

Any ideas ? Very Happy

[img=http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6987/tomtomerrorq.th.jpg]
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall you used to own a 720, now you have a 540, have they been registered with the TomTom Home/ server using the same e-mail address per chance? - Each device MUST have its own address to work correctly with the system, stupid I know but then again we didn't create such a system - Mike
Covenant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply (good memory, btw) Smile

Yeah, I heeded the other posts, and created a new account via Home. All seemed to be working fine for the first 5 to 6 months (I've had it a while now), then drop outs on the Live services started to occur, and random rebootings of the device. They didn't happen very often, and I think by now we all know how, er, stable the service is - I just put it down to one of those things.

Now, however, this weird message....damn strange....
Covenant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a message to the Mods - could this thread be closed, please ?

The issue isn't solved, but its such an obscure error I'm not sure that this is the right place for it Smile
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Covenant wrote:
Just a message to the Mods - could this thread be closed, please ?

The issue isn't solved, but its such an obscure error I'm not sure that this is the right place for it Smile

Why not? This is exactly the right place for it! Hang in there... It's apparent other have had this message but no answers as yet.

Have you used any special characters in the username and password for the account? Such as !, ?, # etc
Covenant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul, nope - nothing weird like that. And the Live services have been working..........just damn weird Laughing Out Loud
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recollections of a similar error message myself and I seem to remember it was when the device received a text message (yes the x40 can receive texts directly using its internal mobile). The message was from TomTom and it had a script that was meant to link me to a Live Services to set up a subscription.

There was a corruption or error in the message and I had to find the incoming message and delete it from within the "inbox.txt" file in the "contact" folder. The message had a script similar to the following but corrupt

"0,"LIVE Services","","TTMicrobrowserEntry:SStartTrafficPush:Your LIVE Services have expired. To renew your services, connect your device to TomTom HOME.","1246852954"
"
Covenant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, MrT. I've checked that location, and all I can see is a file called buddies.dat.

Thanks for the suggestion, though Smile
Covenant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panic over ! After over a week of waiting, I found out today that Tomtom had a problem with their billing servers in June, which resulted in monthy payment subscriptions not being taken/cancelled.

All I had to do (after making sure that I wouldn't be charged twice) was to resubscribe. Shame the error message didn't indicate a subscription problem........

Sorry for wasting everyone's time Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: