Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Screen freeze - but not locked
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Screen freeze - but not locked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Screen freeze - but not locked Reply with quote

Not sure if something similar has been reported before - couldn't find on a search.

On two occasions in the last two days I have realised that the map screen image on my 940 has frozen and not kept up with where I am. The audio directions have kept going. Each time all I have had to do is touch the screen, which gets me to the usual menu screen, and then touch Done, which gets me back to the map screen in the right place. Anyone had this? Any way to prevent it happening? Is it a presage to something worse?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happened to my 740 a few times since Feburary. Once on the first long drive i did with it, couple of times since then and twice yesterday on a 15 miles round trip.

Not sure what causes it or how to prevent it though. I just live with it as a quirk.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems tbe a bug in the x40 range and many have mentioned it here and said they have reported it to TomTom but there have several software revisions since it was first reported and no sign of a fix.

It can be disconcerting when you have not realised that the screen has frozen such on when on a Motorway and you are not expecting much to happen on the screen and the voice instructions are telling you to leave but there is no sign on the screen or even more so when the voice is muted.
sausage27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happens to me with my 740 as well. Not really a big issue yet but nevertheless....

Peter
playswell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: ??? Reply with quote

sausage27 wrote:
Happens to me with my 740 as well. Not really a big issue yet but nevertheless....

Peter

Of course its a big issue, if you use the tt for calls on the phone via bluetooth or listening to mp3 then you would miss your turn Rolling Eyes
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search the threads again.

I got a fix off TT earlier this year since which time my unit has never frozen again and I know some other people also applied it successfully too when I ppsted it on here..

I dont have the fix to hand which is why I suggest you search for it - you could try searching on my user i.d. if it helps
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the TT fix was along the lines of backup, delete, re-install and run clear flash and not necesserily in that order. It did not work for me.
porge
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iv'e been having ongoing probs on my 540 the freezing started after 2 months in july, i am still ongoing with tomt om, some yank girl rang me this morning to run thru stuff i already have done, my unit then lost its map!! i have now lost my HD live which i paid for after we had solved the freezing issue, upon updating the subscription to HD live, it started freezing again!! im a courier so use and rely on the unit, the aftersales is rubbish. 3 months and still going on!!
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link - may not have worked for Mr T but has worked perfectly for me.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=77620&highlight=540+freeze

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: