Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap Wishlist - Deprecated (pre v.1400)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap Wishlist - Deprecated (pre v.1400)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brelin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dungbeetle wrote:
Correct.

This differs from the POI's, where you can select which ones in particular you want to show or hide.

Ok then I see that you could use the 'Show Inactive Routes' to display alternative routes in and around your main route. You would still have to download the main route AND any alternate routes though. It would be simpler if you could 'associate' other routes with a main route, so you only have to download the one file. So the first part of my suggestion Satmap have sort of covered already, second part would be nice though.
dungbeetle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brelin wrote:

Ok then I see that you could use the 'Show Inactive Routes' to display alternative routes in and around your main route. You would still have to download the main route AND any alternate routes though. It would be simpler if you could 'associate' other routes with a main route, so you only have to download the one file. So the first part of my suggestion Satmap have sort of covered already, second part would be nice though.

Maybe by having route 'categories/folders' the way we already have POI ones?
Brelin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dungbeetle wrote:
Brelin wrote:

Maybe by having route 'categories/folders' the way we already have POI ones?

I would have thought route 'categories' would be things like 'Walk', 'Bike', '4x4 offroad', etc ...like it is when you use the 'Route Share' part of the Satmap website, you can isolate which you'd like to see. Can you clarify how categories would help here?
dungbeetle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brelin wrote:
Can you clarify how categories would help here?

Categories are really just Satmap's term for folders. At the moment you can put a number of POIs into one category and just have that category visible on the map.

For example, when you download a .GPX Exchange File file from geocaching.com, it's downloaded onto your Satmap as a 'category' file and that category sometimes contains more than one POI. It might contain the actual geocache location as well as a suggested parking location.

This sounded like the kind of thing you were looking for, only for routes as well as POIs.
Brelin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dungbeetle wrote:
Brelin wrote:
Can you clarify how categories would help here?

Categories are really just Satmap's term for folders. At the moment you can put a number of POIs into one category and just have that category visible on the map.

For example, when you download a .GPX Exchange File file from geocaching.com, it's downloaded onto your Satmap as a 'category' file and that category sometimes contains more than one POI. It might contain the actual geocache location as well as a suggested parking location.

This sounded like the kind of thing you were looking for, only for routes as well as POIs.

I see what you mean now. It would be good to be able to group routes and even POIs into a 'category' then so you'll be able to list main routes, alternate routes and even POIs along the route in the same 'folder' ...nice.

Thanks for the explanation Smile
falconromans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: reversed route Reply with quote

would like reverse walk as an option, not sure if it exists already, a set up for it on your routes page maybe highlighted in blue to show the walk is set for a reversed walk.
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: reversed route Reply with quote

falconromans wrote:
would like reverse walk as an option, not sure if it exists already, a set up for it on your routes page maybe highlighted in blue to show the walk is set for a reversed walk.

Yes it does exist.

If you go into the Routes Menu,activate the appropriate route,press Edit and Reverse Route is the third choice down.

Ian
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following Memory Map's introduction of their History England & Wales series of digital maps.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Memory-History-England-Wales-1940s/dp/B002BA5E2Q/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1253832448&sr=8-40

Satmap need to get on board and offer a similar thing, perfect for anyone that may encounter a Goodnight Sweetheart style time porthole situation and find themselves needing to navigate round 19th Century, 1920s or 1940s England!!

I'll get my trenchcoat.
themib
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having had an etrex vista before the satmap the Satmap is just awesome with one major exception for me.
If following a pre loaded route on the etrex aproaching a waypoint the direction indicator woud 'bend' left right or straight ahead for way to go after the next waypoint, on a bike this keeps your speed up.
On the satmap I know I am aproaching a waypoint but not which way I am likely to go after it, quite useless in comparison,
ElCapitan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Sticky: Satmap wishlist Reply with quote

I have just e-mailed Satmap to ask for:

An audible alarm such as 6 loud beeps when the A10's battery meter reaches one red bar. This would help remind me when I am out walking that it is time to fit some fresh batteries, and thus not lose tracking information until I next check the unit and realise that it has shut itself down automatically perhaps an hour before.

Information to be displayed on the A10 about a planned route, as to how far a Way Point is from the Start Point. This would help when considering changes to a planned route when out in the field. For example, how far is WP23 from the start. I could then plot a new route from WP23 to where I want to finish, and add that distance in my head to the distance from the start to WP23. This would be a lot quicker than trying to modify the planned route on the unit.

With regards,
Tim
ElCapitan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Satmap wishlist Reply with quote

Further to my last posting, I had this reply from Satmap today:

"Currently there is no beep or audible noise given however on the next version of software the battery meter will display the battery power more accurately therefore giving you more warning that the Active 10 may be about to run out. A beep is something we will consider however.

I would also say that using the Lipol battery does give allow much longer use and that taking the AA batteries with the battery caddy as a backup is the best option. With some practise the caddy is very easy to fit, it is simply harder to remove in the field.

If you use the various power saving options including advanced power mode, lowering the backlight and turning the screen off after 15-30seconds will dramatically increase your battery life."

With regards,
Tim
mow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Warning Volume Reply with quote

I would like to hear the waypoint warning when the unit is in the case.
I can only just here it with the unit near my ear !!
I am assuming this is not a fault with my particular Active 10 ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: