Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom app and Contacts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom app and Contacts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're in the US then it would help if you added that in your profile.

Sorry I can't help further.
kepstein
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought that I would be helpful. Here is the response that I got from TomTom support:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support regarding navigating to a favorite. My name is Casey . We are always happy to help. We understand the frustration such an issue might cause.

We do apologize for the long wait time for a response. In order to navigate to a contact you would need the address in the same format that you would manually enter it in the navigate to menu option. This would mean that the house number must be entered after the street as that's how it is entered into the software.

Thank you for choosing TomTom for your navigation needs. If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST or Saturday, 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Casey
TomTom Customer Support"
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud what a load of rubbish!

My contacts are in the accepted format:

12 Acacia Rd

And these work fine.
kepstein
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"When creating a route to a contact, beware that it will almost always seem to fail to parse the address for you if the address of the contact is in a different state than your last destination.
Assuming you are in your “home” state right now, create a route to somewhere in your state… anywhere… your home for example. Now create a route to a contact in your state. Provided the address is properly formatted it should work.

Okay, now create a route to somewhere out of state… doesn’t matter where, an address, a POI, doesn’t matter. Now clear the route and create a route to the contact you used in the paragraph above. Even if it correctly parsed the contact’s address the last time (when the most recent destination was in the same state) this time the automatic parsing will probably fail and the app will typically ask for you to confirm the address.

So you can see depending if the most recent contact was in the same state or not, the automatic address parsing will sometimes work and sometimes not work for the same contact. There is no work-around I know of for this issue, just something to keep in mind."
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have given up with the nav to contacts and to be honest I have given up on TomTom on the iPhone it simply doesn't come close to the capabilities some of the competition have on offer - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: