Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - [v8-WinMob] Speed Camera & POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

[v8-WinMob] Speed Camera & POIs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A temporary fix until ALK sort it out Very Happy

Copy a 'set' of corrupted icons from program files\copilot\skin\user to your PC.

Edit them with your favourite photo editing program, (I use Photoplus from Serif).
With a bit of patience you can resize the original 2d icons and paste them onto the 3d images.
Make different versions for different categories and rename them accordingly.

Paste them back into program files\copilot\skin\user

When adding cameras in the future use any old bmp or png as it will still use the files in the skin directory. But make a copy just in case.

I've only updated the 3d mobile & pmobile icons up to now as I have to book my time on the PC at home Sad
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had another play with this and have found that if you delete the EU/save/user_places/safetycam folder. Download the TomTom OV2 files unzip the file and change the name to safetycam_gatso.ov2 etc. convert the bmp files to .png and save as safetycam_gatso.png (we used to do this back in the early days) then using Central 2 import each .ov2 along with the .png files. When you open up CPL8 it will import the cams and display them with the correct icon.

Phil
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which device, Phil? My T-Mobile G1 refuses to take .png's - it corrupts them and won't let me select them. I now know where to find the .png's and how to 'fix' them, but I still don't know how to select them...

Also, my experience was that I had to import any POI files one at a time - i.e. import one, restart CPL8 to integrate it, exit CPL, import another, restart etc otherwise it just hung after integrating the first one.
PhilB
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Which device, Phil? My T-Mobile G1 refuses to take .png's - it corrupts them and won't let me select them. I now know where to find the .png's and how to 'fix' them, but I still don't know how to select them...

Also, my experience was that I had to import any POI files one at a time - i.e. import one, restart CPL8 to integrate it, exit CPL, import another, restart etc otherwise it just hung after integrating the first one.

Hi Wiggo,
I'm using an Ipaq HP214, I import each POI file seperately using Central 2 but leave the restarting until all have been imported. On restart CPL8 will show that it is "Integrating number of POIs" for each of the files.

One thing I have noticed is that it seems to drop some cameras off, twice yesterday I passed the same camera going against it and the camera icon was shown but when I returned in the direction of the camera the icon was missing. I've seen this now on two seperate cameras.
Drift
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you guys can bear with me on this, Im not the best with techi pc stuff.

This may have been answered in this thread but I didnt quite understand it went a bit over my head Embarassed

On my orbit xda2 I have CP8 I went to put the Alk safety cams on it and it says to (v8 to \Storage Card\CoPilot\Save)

When I got that file on my memory card the file is
Copilot/eu/UK Ireland/save/user_places/My POIs and safetycam
folders.....
I tried dropping the file into various folders but nothing seems to work as it wont integrate the updates.

I know I must be missing something, any of you guys help a frustrated user please.

Gone for simples and now have TomTom One V3 1gig
Memory Map V5 on laptop and GPS.
I couldnt get on with Copilot V8
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instructions here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=494953#494953
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilB wrote:

One thing I have noticed is that it seems to drop some cameras off, twice yesterday I passed the same camera going against it and the camera icon was shown but when I returned in the direction of the camera the icon was missing. I've seen this now on two seperate cameras.

I get the problem the other way round. The camera icons don't always show but I get the audio warning. Sometimes six or seven times, depending on how fast I'm going...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: