Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MOTOR CYCLE NEWS WALES PROTEST
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MOTOR CYCLE NEWS WALES PROTEST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exportman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: MOTOR CYCLE NEWS WALES PROTEST Reply with quote

Hi

Sunday 13th MCN have instigated a protest in North Wales against the police policy of stopping motorcyclist just because they are on a bike. It has been widely reported that on average 400 motorcycles are stopped every summer weekend of which 350 have committed no offence. Evil or Very Mad

My advice is unless you are on two wheels avoid anywhere north west of the A5 particularly around the horse shoe pass and Betswy on Sunday.

In you are a biker then see the MCN website for more information.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2009/August/aug1309-help-mcn-reclaim-north-wales/
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: MOTOR CYCLE NEWS WALES PROTEST Reply with quote

exportman wrote:
It has been widely reported that on average 400 motorcycles are stopped every summer weekend of which 350 have committed no offence. Evil or Very Mad

Which means 50 have commited an offence, which kinda justifies the 400 stops Wink

To old to die young.
exportman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Whilst I agree 50 have committed an offience usually noisy exhaust, no e marked tinted visor or number plate infringments. If you stopped 400 cars i am sure you would also find at least an equal number, the difference is they are not stopping cars. This is only targetted at Motorcycles.

If 400 Jews or Muslims were stopped by a police force targetted for their religion there would be outcry. Stopping 400 road users just because they are motorcyclists should be no different.

There have been incidents where bikesafe rides have been pulled over and detained for a length of time despite the observers all being police officers from a neighboring force and all bikes and riders having been checked before commencement of the ride. It did not matter the North Wales officers were given targets they had to meet.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wikipedia wrote:
Paranoia is a thought process characterized by excessive anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion.
Remember, just cause your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you! Laughing Laughing

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
exportman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally have not had any problems, but in general myself and the group I ride with keep away from the main roads like the A5 and A55. But am I Paraoid no. The police have freely admitted their policy.

I would agree there is an element of bikers who are stupid, but equally so are some car drivers too. Stop the fools but leave the law abiding majority alone.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: