Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - mio c510 latest maps/ updates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

mio c510 latest maps/ updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrtikle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: mio c510 latest maps/ updates Reply with quote

Please help if you can,
I have a mio c510 which I bought new in May 2007, I updated it once when I first got it to include the speed cameras. I didn’t use it much after that but have been using it every day for the past couple of months for my work as a delivery driver.
All I want to do is update it to the latest maps, I can’t find them on the mio website at all, not even to buy on disk
At the moment it has version 3.2 march 14 2007
Basemap 2006.01
Ireland 2006.07
Major roads of western Europe 2006.01
United kingdom 2006.01

I have sent at least 10 emails to mio UK in the last couple of months but with no reply,
Is this model obsolete? Has anyone else had trouble getting the latest maps for theirs?

Its so frustrating I had 16 addresses today the mio couldn’t find, I got them done but it put an extra hour on my day of which I didn’t get paid for. I expect the odd new build to be a struggle but most of these today had been built a couple of years ago! What winds me up more than anything a mate at work has a tomtom one xl and gets updates every quarter.

Also does anyone on here provide a modding service? I have read a few threads about changing software etc but to be honest it’s a bit beyond my understanding.

Any help would be very much appreciated, but try not to be too technical cheers

L
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Map Updates Reply with quote

Mio only support the c520 onwards I believe - so you are stuck with the mapping data on the unit

With a map update around £75 anyway, you are better off buying a new unit

I would recommend something by Navigon - they have some excellent software, and you will get Q3 2009 Mapping Data Update FREE of charge as an immediate downloadable update if you register it online within 30 days - this will bring you bang up to date with Navteq Mapping and should make MOST of those missing addresses a thing of the past

And these units start at under £70 http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_566069_langId_-1_categoryId_165685

Though if you use your unit a lot now and plan to continue doing so, the Navigon 4350Max at Halfords is your best bet, at £170 with option to have map updates 4 times a year for 2 years for an extra £20 (online via Navigon, not via Halfords for the Map Updates)

Hope this helps!
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
mrtikle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advise mate,
i have managed to aquire an unused totom from family for the time being.

its a pity though, i really like how the mio worked, never mind, time to move on.

anyone want to buy a mio c510e ?????

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: