Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Buying a drive smart
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying a drive smart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diesel_dog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Buying a drive smart Reply with quote

Hiya everyone, i was just wondering if you knew where i could buy one of these unit's, ive searched ebay with no luck and the site doesn't appear to work anymore, cheer's, Jamie
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Buying a drive smart Reply with quote

diesel_dog wrote:
Hiya everyone, i was just wondering if you knew where i could buy one of these unit's, ive searched ebay with no luck and the site doesn't appear to work anymore, cheer's, Jamie

I wouldn't bother looking for one of these to buy now Jamie, there is a lot of history to the demise of the Drivesmart and the company which left many people feeling very resentful i.e. people who bought and supported the product ending up out of pocket. I was an avid supporter of the Drivesmart and therefore pleased to see PGPSW take on support for it. This has helped owners of the machine to continuing using it long beyond the time the company went belly up.

If you dont want satnav capabilities and just need speed camera detection look for something to run Speed Sentry by Tchart on, along with PGPSW's database of course. I use an Ipaq 2210 with it and its really good but I believe you can use it on mobile phones etc.
specmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Speed Sentry and what kit will it work on?

I too have a Drivesmart but lately has been dropping the GPS signal and so I'm looking for either another Drivesmart which works or a suitable replacement. I don't need satnav as I have a portable and a built in one already and the camera support is rubbish on these with alerts anywhere a raduis of the camera.

I have Talex Lite that requires updateing when my USB lead arrives but who knows how good the Novus database is?

Anyone got any ideas as to what I use to replace my Drivesmart with or has anyone got one that they no longer use that they would like to get rid off?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

specmaster wrote:
What is Speed Sentry and what kit will it work on?

Have a read through This which should give you an idea as to what Speed Sentry can do, as for hardware to run it on its for PDA based devices but you might be able to get it running on a PND if its unlocked to reveal the Windows interface - Mike
delboyuk1984
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Drive smart Reply with quote

Just been having a browse through ebay and theres a drivesmart just been listed.
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't waste your money.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: