Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Map 835.2419 Released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Map 835.2419 Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colinarthur
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent 4 hours trying to install v835.2419 UK & ROI map with Home v2.6 last week and after resolving the loop start problem, I found that although I had the data connection, Traffic was not available ("your subsciption may have expired").
TT support agreed that my subscription had " more than 2 months before expiry" and after two long phone calls, escalated the problem to 2nd technical level. Nothing heard since.

Reverted to backup with map v 830 and Traffic reappeared immediately and was successfully used for 2 days.

Today I :-
1. installed Home v2.7 which after a very flakey start now seems OK and
2. removed SDHC card with mp3's.

Reinstalled UK & ROI v 835. 2419 using Home 2.7 and Traffic was immediately available (no new data reconnections needed). Replaced card and everything working fine, (including no loss of Favourites or POI warnings).

Now whether it was using Home v2.7, or removing the card before map installation but it isn't difficult to try one or both.

HTH
Colin

520 v835
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
This 835 map seems to me to be a horrible mistake. I have no inside knowledge, so this is pure speculation. The next series (x50?) must be due any day now. In fact, I'd guess it's already later than they would have liked as they've missed catching the summer holiday. I'd also guess this 835 map is for that new series and the new series has even more extra (and dodgy, as usual) bells and whistles which tie in with this new map. The map update program has reached its target date for next new map and rather than catch grief for lateness, TT have released map 835 before the x50 devices - previously, new models have come out with new maps and the new maps have been released for earlier models some time later (to avoid older devices upgrading to new device map status instead of buying new devices). If there are new device and (new) Navcore specific features in this map, it wouldn't be surprising if it falls over on "older" models. As TT have once again released it just before the weekend, I shall not be surprised if map 835 is withdrawn in the next couple of days. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

Seems very plausible to me.
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just plugged my RDS cable into my 730 and it found a signal fairly quickly.

But a thought - even after the map update, my TTHome still tells me there are over 14,000 updates available through mapshare - so the maps can't be that much up to date.

I really feel that TomTom are taking the p**s with this update hoping we wouldn't notice it wasn't an update, just a re-issue.

Alan
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not had any problems with this new map on my 930.

GPRS traffic works fine just as it did before, and installed first time and ran first time.

I am using APP 8.302 and Map 835.2419 WCE 2GB
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an update as J29A on the M1 has appeared at last!
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

FYI my W&CE 2GB tmccodes.dat is 6,684,780 bytes

Not tried the USB RDS-TMC with the XL LIVE IQ yet - will give it a whirl tomorrow.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan_sh wrote
Quote:
But a thought - even after the map update, my TTHome still tells me there are over 14,000 updates available through mapshare - so the maps can't be that much up to date
When I updated my map, HOME also said it was updating MapShare. But when I next opened HOME, it said my map hadn't been updated for more than 20 weeks and that there were ###### mapshare updated waiting (I didn't bother to note the actual number).

I let it update and now it says my map is up-to-date.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:
Not tried the USB RDS-TMC with the XL LIVE IQ yet - will give it a whirl tomorrow.
Waste of time trying it unless your subscription to the Live services have expired or you pull the SIM card out (not something I would recommend) - Mike
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another classic TomTom F*** Up. It updated my maps but I get the same error with Traffic HD not being there and asking for a subscription even though all other live services work.

Well TomTom can go and run an jump if they think that I am paying £7.99 / month for Live Services and also the extra for the map updates. They take the p*ss they really do.

BTW every time I update a map (twice thus far) it has f***ed my device. What is wrong with them?
Robbo66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just updated my WE map to 835.2419 after which the device wouldn't start. It just kept going in a rebooting loop as experienced by numerous other users. So, I was unable to get into TT Home.
As I have all the software on a SDHC card, and use it this way, I put the card into a card reader and connected to Home. Went to Operate My Go,selected it and it said it needed to download a file. When it had finished,I took out the card and replaced it back into my device, after which it started up normally and my Favourites were all there.
4Gb SDHC card
bw2020
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi updated my new refurb 520 with shipped navcore 7.221 to 8.300 then to 8.351 and updated shipped maps UK & Ireland 715.1703 using latest map guarantee to UK & Ireland 835.2419 using Home 2.7
So far none of the posted troubles!!!
- TT GPRS Traffic subscription works though did say initially No HD Service???
- No rebooting cycle either ... fingers crossed!!!! Surprised
- TMC-RDS aerial arriving next week so will see how that works ... if at all (for when GPRS Traffic subs finishes)
davedoubledecks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ive the same problem with my Tomtom One V3 after installing the latest map. When I connect my TMC-RDS to my tomtom after 10 seconds it locks up and restarts. It keeps doing this until I disconnect my TMC-
RDS. It's a pain.!!

update.
I've reinstalled the latest map with tomtom home version 2.7 instead of 2.6 and now my RDS-TMC works no problem with no lockups and picks up the station ok aswell. I used home 2.6 before because of the slowness on my pc with version 2.7.
Hope this helps anybody else with the problem
Dave
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbo66 wrote
Quote:
I have just updated my WE map to 835.2419 after which the device wouldn't start. It just kept going in a rebooting loop as experienced by numerous other users. So, I was unable to get into TT Home.
That's different from what mine did. When it was in the rebooting loop it connected to the PC without even asking. It was as though it was already connected. I had to start HOME manually though, but it seems I always have to.

bw2020 wrote
Quote:
- No rebooting cycle either ... fingers crossed!!!! Surprised
Some people get this and some don't. This is the first time for me. In your case though it may be because you hadn't yet changed anything that would have altered your mapsettings.cfg file.
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy3090 wrote:
Latest from TT support -

"I cannot offer you an immediate suitable solution for this challenge. I have sent your question to our 2nd line technical department.":

Yeah, I just got one of those. Rolling Eyes
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:
Tommy3090 wrote:
Latest from TT support -

"I cannot offer you an immediate suitable solution for this challenge. I have sent your question to our 2nd line technical department.":

Yeah, I just got one of those. Rolling Eyes

There seem to be quite a few of us in the same boat so hopefully there will be a soloution soon. I'm doubly annoyed because this device had only just arrived from Amazon to replace a faulty one. As soon as I connected it to HOME, new map and no traffic. Grrr

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 9 of 22

Jump to: