Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Jailbreak Iphone 3gs?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Jailbreak Iphone 3gs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anothergpsmike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedbug - I forgive you - start singing again if Darren will let you. I thought this was all over and we were back to helping people - maybe they don't want it after all.

Darren or Mike do you want to moderate this all out? I hung up my anorak years ago and really am too old to get arsed by idiots when all we're trying to do is help - or have a laugh . .

Rgds, Mike

Last edited by anothergpsmike on Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I'm sat here 'trying' to relax ahead of a serious Op early tomorrow.

I'm all for healthy debate but the rights and wrongs of hacking the iPhone are for another time.

If you can't stop sniping at each other then I'll lock the thread and we'll be done with it. Now for the last time please play nicely for me eh?
anothergpsmike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren, I do apologise - whatever it is I hope it goes well. I will now only respond to serious requests for help and filter everything else

Best of luck, Mike
bedbug
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I echo Mike, Darren...

Hope it goes well and you're quickly back to keeping me in check! Very Happy
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been removed by me (Mullet).

My error of judgement has been pointed out, and the post didn't really bring anything useful to the table.

My apologies to the forum, Colin.

Last edited by Mullet on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classy56 wrote:
Are you seriously trying to tell me that you can get the latest TomTom application for free on an un broken phone? Dream on.

Er, it was uploaded to usenet days ago, and so free to anyone who knows where to look.
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anothergpsmike wrote:

I don't get permission from O2 - if you want to twist things you could say I do from Apple - so what. What is your point?

You said you don't get permission, I say you do, that's my point.

Quote:
Prison - just referring to the possibility - or not - of Apple taking legal action - which is part of the series of postings you seem to have ignored. Ditto the lost revenue - if you take buyers out of circulation.

I don't think there is any possibility of prison, you are the one that mentioned it, As posted earlier and a known fact, Apple will be including in the next software upgrade a deamon that will inform them if you have installed an app that has NOT been purchased through the official App store, they will then have the option of bricking your phone, so probably no legal action through the courts, but then again they won't have to.

Quote:
All meant to be light-hearted really - which most others seem to have understood. But given given your ill-considered fanboy rant - sorry posting - I suggest you read the other postings, including about flaming, in this thread, including solemn promises not to - and possibly stay out of the pub on the way home.

I feel much better when people start calling me names and resort to sarcasm, if that's all you can resort to it proves I was right all along.

You still haven't asked the owners of this site if they mind if people copy their database and break the terms and conditions, just like you are advocating we do Apples, lets see if I am ill considered in that respect!

Quote:
And I thought I didn't make sense . .

Well that is one thought you got right in this thread

We could always take this up with Apple Inc and see what their view is, would you be willing to do that? I am.

To old to die young.
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anothergpsmike wrote:
bedbug - I forgive you - start singing again if Darren will let you. I thought this was all over and we were back to helping people - maybe they don't want it after all.

Darren or Mike do you want to moderate this all out? I hung up my anorak years ago and really am too old to get arsed by idiots when all we're trying to do is help - or have a laugh . .

Rgds, Mike

Name calling again, I might be an idiot, but I know when I am an idiot in the right, why hasn't this nasty person been spoken too for attacking other posters????

To old to die young.
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:
classy56 wrote:
Are you seriously trying to tell me that you can get the latest TomTom application for free on an un broken phone? Dream on.

Er, it was uploaded to usenet days ago, and so free to anyone who knows where to look.

That is for a Jailbroken phone, not an un-jailbroken phone, it also includes the latest PGPSW camera database so I have been told on some releases.

To old to die young.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: