Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Downloading Combined POI's gives web page is not available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Downloading Combined POI's gives web page is not available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tic1888
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Downloading Combined POI's gives web page is not available Reply with quote

I can download some combined POIs (ATMs for example) but others (Food & Drink for example) give me a 'web page is not available in Chrome, FF & IE. I've tried this now at work and at home on different ISPs, same error.

If I don't combine they are all fine.

any ideas?

Thanks

JP
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you exporting them as ov2 files? if so then there is a limit of around 22 sub-categories so we'd recommend expanding the food and drink bit and selecting fewer sub-categories.

MaFt
tic1888
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did wonder that but it seemed to work for some of the others with more than 20 sub cats... oh well.

thanks for reply

JP
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you download the POI files in batches of 20 sub categories and then concatenate (DennisN hates that word Laughing ) the downloads back to a single POI file using POIEdit (click the red text for the download) you will have a single POI category with everything in it.
Use the File open and select the first downloaded POI file then use File/ Append to concatenate the the other downloads in to a single entry - Mike
tic1888
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
If you download the POI files in batches of 20 sub categories and then concatenate (DennisN hates that word Laughing ) the downloads back to a single POI file using POIEdit (click the red text for the download) you will have a single POI category with everything in it.
Use the File open and select the first downloaded POI file then use File/ Append to concatenate the the other downloads in to a single entry - Mike

I did think about doing that. I downloaded POIEdit earlier.

Just a couple of questions if I may?

1, do I have to append a file one at a time?

2, what happens to the .bmp icons if do this?

Thanks

JP
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the File/ Append control as many times as you want prior to saving the resultant creation with all the locations stored in it.

As for the bmp files each of the downloads will contain a single bmp file that will be the same so just use one of them - As long as the resultant POI file name exactly matches the bmp file name the device will associate the two files automatically - Mike
tic1888
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
You can use the File/ Append control as many times as you want prior to saving the resultant creation with all the locations stored in it.

As for the bmp files each of the downloads will contain a single bmp file that will be the same so just use one of them - As long as the resultant POI file name exactly matches the bmp file name the device will associate the two files automatically - Mike

Right... That makes sense now

Thanks both for your help

JP

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: