Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Has the POI submission form changed recently?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Has the POI submission form changed recently?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Has the POI submission form changed recently? Reply with quote

Hi,
I've noticed a difference in the POI submission form and I don't know if it is something that I am doing or my software configuration that is causing it.
If I want to add a POI at the site of a current POI e.g. to add a wireless hotspot at a coffee shop, then I THINK that I used to be able to click on the existing POI to call up the details and then modify the location (so that the 2 POIs weren't on top of each other) and details as necessary, changing the action from Confirm POI to Add new POI and clearing out the POI Id field. When I try to do this now, the POI Id field is "grayed out" so I cannot clear it. Now I'd have to screen dump the details, clear the form (& I can't find an easy way to do that) & re-enter the details. Am I missing something? Should the POI Id field be cleared when I select Add New POI in the Action field?
I'm using FF 2.0.0.14 on Linpus.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recently made the poi id non-user-fill-out-able as richard asked me to - i can't remember the ins and outs of it though!! i'll let him reply :D

MaFt
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason that the Form has been modified is that in a lot of Submissions, recently, the submitter was typing-in the id field, and/or lat/long fields and I was unable to determine what they wanted done, and to what!! Mainly due to typing errors, and putting 0,0 in the lat/long boxes.

In your scenario if you click the ID number above the Map it will fill in the current details of that POI.

Drag the Map slightly and use the Update Co-ordinates button to show the new position. All other details will remain the same.

Select Change, with comment of New. I can then see that it is a related POI and take the necessary steps. In fact it would not take me longer than an Add New.

I was trying to cut out the many errors in Form Filling, and your usage was one I hadn't thought of.

If the above works OK for you, I would like to keep the current setup. However, if you're not happy, I'll have another think. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Richard,

If you're happy for me to put them in as a change with an explanation, that's fine, but I thought that would take you more time to process!

I can certainly understand why you don't want typing in the Lat & Lon fields!! But, I thought that it might be easier for you (OK MaFt might have to suspend the search for the Shift Keys to do some work Wink ) if changing to Add New wiped the existing POI Id.

MaFt, if you've got a few idle hours, can we add a "Search for nearest POI in category" to the POI submission map? I'm sure in some cases I'm adding POIs, whose location I've recorded in the car, when the POI already exists, but is badly placed e.g. from a Post Code.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JockTamsonsBairn wrote:
MaFt, if you've got a few idle hours, can we add a "Search for nearest POI in category" to the POI submission map? I'm sure in some cases I'm adding POIs, whose location I've recorded in the car, when the POI already exists, but is badly placed e.g. from a Post Code.
I pick up most of them as they are reviewed.

I might miss the odd one if it is several miles out. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: