Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New maps and cameras downloading
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New maps and cameras downloading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
red24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: New maps and cameras downloading Reply with quote

Help needed again................
Just bought the updated maps and speed cameras, well 2 days ago.

Followed the instructions to download through Home. Connected TT and things happened then was told everything up to date etc.

When I checked the version of the maps on TT theres nothing been downloaded.

Anyone got any clues, contacted TT support but no response, bit gutted that was £50 and nothing. Help!!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be you have both the old and new maps on the Unit.

You don't give any details, but have you tried Switching Maps?

Have you tried a Reset?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
red24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did think it was sorted but its not and I'm not happy.
I've been in touch with Tom Tom support who have replied twice in the last 10 days but not really helpful.
I haven't got both versions of maps/cameras, when I connect through Home there is no new updates to download.
TT support have written very detailed instructions on how to do this but the end result is there is nothing to download or update so I still don't have them.
A reset hasn't worked, Ive sent another email to Support but they don't hurry back with an answer, I've now asked for a refund, i'm a little peed off to say the least, I can't afford to loose £50.
Anybody got any ideas please.
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of the maps do you have? Maybe you already have the latest version anyway.
red24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 705.148 which is not the latest version as Home keeps telling me.

Tom Tom support don't reply to emails until a few days later but they don't always get them so have to send another one.

Does anyone else have this problem, I did revert back to the earlier version of Home but that has made no difference.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Searching back to your previous posts elsewhere, I think you've got a GO720 (it always helps if you say what gear you've got) and it looks as though you haven't updated the map since you got it.

Try starting Home (with the 720 connected), then click the Add Maps Icon, then look at what it lists. If your download was successful, it should show a map available in "Location" My computer. There's a "more details" button you can click to see what version that map is and if it's later than the one you've got (should be 830.xxxx) then all you need do is click the ADD button to install it. If there isn't one listed, you're back with TomTom to sort out how to get the download you've paid for.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
red24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Dennis, yes I have a 720, didn't realise it didnt show in my profile but have added it now.
At the moment I can't be bothered to list everything else, I'm really not happy with TT.
I have done everything you mentioned, I bought the 720 new last January and no have never updated the maps, the camers I have and didn't have any problems.
When I connect to Home there is only the one map showing, the one I bought was for the UK/Ireland and I've got Western Europe.
It is really annoying me as TT are not answering emails, it doesnt look like the last one I sent actually went as I got a confirmation email when it did go.
Apart from ringing them I don't know what else to do, I have asked for a refund.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, TT email support is dire - the only good thing about it is you get written responses (eventually). But so many of them are push button B to churn out reply 47, 23, 82 and 16 which happen to contain one of the words (e.g. "map" and "GO720") you foolishly use in your question.

I've only ever once used the phone to them (May 2005), but that really does seem to be the best way to get you a solution before Christmas if you can afford the price of the call.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you want to give TT CS a ring the number is 0845 161 0009 - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I check where you stand?
Am I right in saying this:

1. You DO have the original Western Europe map v705 and you can see this on your Go when you tap the signal strength bars and then tap the version box to get to the information screen.

2. You can also see this map version when you connect to the PC and run Home.... Can you see it BOTH on the unit and on "your computer"? (If not you never backed up using Home - let's hope you've backed up using Windows Explorer!)

3. You used Home to buy a new UK and Ireland map.... Did it download from TT successfully? If so, it should be complete on your PC BEFORE it gets transferred to the Go. Can you see it in Home (using EITHER "add maps" OR "Add traffic/voices etc" and scrolling forward to "items on my computer"), or can you see a folder called "Great Britain and Ireland" or something similar if you use Windows Explorer to look in:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\map ?

4. If the map did download but is corrupted in some way, you can DELETE the map folder in that location above, and Home should offer it to you again.

5. Did you also update the 720's operating system - which will be needed to run a new map? You need to be running v8 software to be able to use a v8 map! What software version are you currently running?

6. Are you running just on the internal memory, or do you have an SD card installed?

Lots of questions, but the more you tell us, the better chance someone has of seeing where it has gone wrong for you.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: