Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SmartST Download
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SmartST Download

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: SmartST Download Reply with quote

Hi All.
Gave the Navman upgrade a good test over the weekend. 544 miles I think is a fair test.
• No BT dropout’s. (Not like Friday evening, see other review).
• Less “exit left” commands on roundabouts.
• Graphics seem to be better.
• Moving map scrolls slower.

My system consists of an Ipaq 2210, running only Navman SmartSt V2 & MS Pocket streets only. (Don’t use it for anything else). All maps stored on a 2.2Gb Micro drive. With Navman 4410 reciever. This system is the same as before download. (The unit was fine before upgrade).
Cannot run route demonstrator. It closes down GPS connection and will not access it by any means. Only way out is to close the application & start all over again. It gives errors like “Destination street not valid or private road”, they are not, as I tried a couple of different ones.
I have tried most things that I can think of but no fixes to these problems, unless I hard reset.
Anyone had any similar problems, post Fridays download.

Regards.
DRP
:|
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Running SP2

I haven't used the route demonstrator with a gps fix, but it works well without one with no issues at all.

Ill have to try it out with a fix and see if I have the same issues as you have state
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
Steveee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded SP2 and tried it on a long run from Colchester to Macclesfield. Worked well with only one lock-up. Previously found V2 SP1 very unstable. :D

Not sure about the routing calculations. Still favours (incorrectly in my opinion) motorways over dual carriageways. Would be interested in knowing what speed estimates it uses for different types of road and whether it differentiates between dual carriageway A roads and single carriageway A roads. Confused

Have not really noticed an improvement in instructions for exiting roundabouts, but maybe I drive too slowly Question Personally I always glance at the map as V2 counts exits you are not allowed to use, e.g. exits with bus lanes only. V1 did not count them.
GO 920 (retired)
Garmin Oregon 550T
Garmin Drivesmart
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well under SP1, the route demonstrator was showing speed set at 29mph on A and other roads and 60mph on motorways.
With SP2 the A and other roads are now showing at 15mph and motorways at 31mph.

Not sure if theses speeds are the default.
It would be better if you could set your own speeds so that more control could be given to the routing option.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi icsys
Tried all the variables, still no joy. I just can’t get it to work, one way or another. I am seriously thinking of a hard reset. I am running Rom 1 on the Ipaq, I see you are running a different version, is this the latest release that HP put out about a month ago. If so I have it but have not installed it as yet.
Rolling Eyes
Regards.
DRP
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRP wrote:
I am running Rom 1 on the Ipaq, I see you are running a different version, is this the latest release that HP put out about a month ago

Actually it's the ROM update that was released in March 04 so it's not the 'latest' according to HP support even though it has the SAME version number as the 30th April O4 version.

Check your settings/system/Asset Viewer for the system info. Mine says:
ROM date 03/01/04
ROM revision 1.10.07 ENG

If you are going to try a hard reset, you may as well upgrade to ROM 1.10
Be aware that you can't go back to v1, but you shouldnt need to Thumbs Up
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
fogun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: SmartST Download Reply with quote

Where can I get Version 2 Upgrade from?

DRP wrote:
Hi All.
Gave the Navman upgrade a good test over the weekend. 544 miles I think is a fair test.
• No BT dropout’s. (Not like Friday evening, see other review).
• Less “exit left” commands on roundabouts.
• Graphics seem to be better.
• Moving map scrolls slower.

My system consists of an Ipaq 2210, running only Navman SmartSt V2 & MS Pocket streets only. (Don’t use it for anything else). All maps stored on a 2.2Gb Micro drive. With Navman 4410 reciever. This system is the same as before download. (The unit was fine before upgrade).
Cannot run route demonstrator. It closes down GPS connection and will not access it by any means. Only way out is to close the application & start all over again. It gives errors like “Destination street not valid or private road”, they are not, as I tried a couple of different ones.
I have tried most things that I can think of but no fixes to these problems, unless I hard reset.
Anyone had any similar problems, post Fridays download.

Regards.
DRP
:|
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
If you have Navman installed on your PC open & click on Visit Navman for updates. Then look for downloads. Follow the instructions for getting the latest SP2 & away you go. I assume that you have Navman software installed to start with.
Thumbs Up
Regards DRP

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: