Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Disabeld parking.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Disabeld parking.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
aj2052 wrote:
also bear in mind when considering free parking, blue badges have to be paid for they are not free

true, but £2 for 3 years is hardly breaking the bank is it?!

MaFt

I do not see why this site should encourage a attack on disabled people !!

Yes the system is abused !! yes there are people who have Blue badges who should not have one but like anything it is open to abuse but to make light of a persons disability is unnecessary .
The government have looked after people with families pretty well over the last few years have they not we do not hear many complaints about this ???

And just to put things in perspective there was a similar type of post an another forum suggesting a similar line to some of the posters comments on this site !! a reply came from a British Solider who had lost a leg and a foot in a road side bomb and was stating how it helps to live a more normal live

I think the fact that some of the comments made are saying ALL disabled people are some sort of second class citizens does not reflect well on the site .

The OP stated about some person parking in a disabled space and running from a car and it turned into a an attack on all disabled people

Also do not forget that some off your members may disabled

I know my strong comments will not adhere me to some members of the forum .
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john877 wrote:
MaFt wrote:
aj2052 wrote:
also bear in mind when considering free parking, blue badges have to be paid for they are not free

true, but £2 for 3 years is hardly breaking the bank is it?!

MaFt

I do not see why this site should encourage a attack on disabled people !!

excuse me but i don't see how stating a fact about the cost of a blue badge is an attack on disabled people?

it was stated that we should remember that disabled parking was not free as the blue badge needed to be paid for. so i pointed out that it was £2 for 3 years parking. how exactly is that an attack on disabled people? if someone with a disability can afford to put fuel into a car then £2 for 3 years parking pales into insignificance, doesn't it?

perhaps the thread has gone slightly off topic in which case i apologise for my part in that. maybe the discussion should have been simply:
person 1: it annoys me when people abuse disabled parking bays.
person 2: yes, it annoys me too.
person 3: and me.
person 4: me too.
person 5: me too.

everyone agrees, everyone is nice and happy.

MaFt
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes the system is abused !! yes there are people who have Blue badges who should not have one but like anything it is open to abuse

And you've just done the very thing you've accused everyone else of doing.

The way I've read it is everyone is against abuse of the system and are on the side of people with 'real' disabilities.

Wheedle out the abusers and those who falsely claim a disability badge and give the money saved to those with genuine disabilities.

Quote:
The government have looked after people with families pretty well over the last few years have they not we do not hear many complaints about this ???

Why not start a new topic with your views and see how others feel.
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry MaFt if you took offence !! but I thought in your comments you were being flippant

But its a poor society we live in if we cannot take care off our disabled people and elderly persons !!the same people who complain quite happily take the help with child care and the other benefits available to them I think they still put fuel in there cars ??

Anyway I will now retire from the thread I think I have made my point Very Happy
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john877 wrote:
the same people who complain quite happily take the help with child care and the other benefits available to them I think they still put fuel in there cars ??

i have 2 young children and i put fuel in my car - what are these benefits i should be able to claim? any help would be appreciated.

MaFt
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i have 2 young children and i put fuel in my car - what are these benefits i should be able to claim? any help would be appreciated.

Child care for a start, you could then drive around in peace without whining noises coming from the back seats and in turn get more miles per gallon without the extra weight. Razz
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt It was my question you answered and as far as i am concerned, no apology needed as i didnt consider it an attack, My wife is a Blue Badge holder and very much needed, I am also a walker sufferer but denied a blue badge, personally i am very much against the exhorbitant car park charges which in my locallity have virtually destroyed the town centre shopping since introduced a couple of years go leading the council to now spend a small fortune on Consulatnts etc to see how they can revitalise the town, consequently in the present climate i dont blame anybody for trying to avoid costs Diabled or not, I suppose this will now start a further discussion?
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
personally i am very much against the exhorbitant car park charges

Our local 'small' shopping centre parking charges have more than doubled in the last 18-24 months. I mentioned it to one of the council 'bods', checking on tickets, and he said 'The charges have gone up because the vast majority of people were paying and 'they' (the Council) weren't getting enough funds through fines'. Says it all!!!

There are only 4 spaces for disabled drivers out of about 200 spaces, as a result they line up in the 'no parking' area waiting for a space to become vacant, which in turn makes it very awkward for people backing out of spaces, they could easily add another 6, although slightly further away than the others and things would be greatly improved.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john877 wrote:
I think the fact that some of the comments made are saying ALL disabled people are some sort of second class citizens does not reflect well on the site.

Just exactly what do you mean by this statement? I have just read every post from the start and cannot find a single one which can be described by your statement.

"Some of the comments" to me means "more than one comment".

"ALL disabled people", to me means someone has stated "ALL disabled people".

"Second class citizens" - I cannot find these words anywhere. What do you mean by "second class" - do you mean "less well-behaved" or do you mean "disadvantaged".

I think you should reflect on what you've written there and maybe retract it.

As for "the fact that" (which you have not proven or demonstrated to be a fact) .... [snip] .... "does not reflect well on the site" - what rubbish! Although I find it difficult to decide just what you are complaining about, clearly you are complaining about something. I moved the original post out of another forum into the Off Topic forum in order to allow it space in the off topic area. This area is for any "off-the-wall" threads which are not classifyable as even remotely GPS related under the general headings of the site. The basic ruling in this area is that discussion may roam wherever it will, subject to the overall rules of the site - no offensive posts etc. The site cannot be held responsible for the opinions of indivual posters, therefore any posts with which you personally happen to disagree do not reflect on the site, merely on the person posting, or on the Moderators for not stepping in. As a Moderator here, I can honestly say I have not seen one single post in this thread which comes even vaguely close to meriting me editing or removing it by reason of its offensive nature.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: