Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just wondering if anyone can help with this. I've got a paid for version of CM and I'm sure somewhere in the latest version it was mentioned that on overspeed you can tell CM to simply bong rather than repeat the voice prompt. Any ideas how you do that please?

Use the "Separate out Approach and Overspeed warnings" option on the settings tab. From here

Quote:
Also for Garmin devices, the *Separate out Approach and Overspeed warnings can be used to create separate POI categories for Approach and Overspeed warnings. This means that where a device supports them, you can have a voice Approach warning and a simple chime Overspeed warning (or even a different message). Note that this option doubles the number of POI categories used, up to a maximum of fifty-eight(!) Some Garmin StreetPilot devices have a limit of around eight-five POI categories, so this is something to bear in mind if you use lots of other POIs.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Camera Manager - question! Reply with quote

ILoveSatNav wrote:
Just wondering if anyone can help with this. I've got a paid for version of CM and I'm sure somewhere in the latest version it was mentioned that on overspeed you can tell CM to simply bong rather than repeat the voice prompt. Any ideas how you do that please?

PaulB2005 wrote:
If you are using Voice files you can only use one voice per camera set which means you can't have different voices / bongs for Overspeed & proximity alerts for the same camera set. In other words if you set up a voice alert for the proximity alert, your over speed alert will be the same.

Use the "Separate Approach/Overspeed Warnings" option... Smile
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Use the "Separate Approach/Overspeed Warnings" option...

Laughing Out Loud. I wrote all that out (and more) and then remembered that option existed just as i was posting it...
ILoveSatNav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll give that a go. Do you have a 'bong' I can use, or is there one on the garmin streetpilot 2720 itself?

If there isn't and you have one, can you please let me have it and instructions on how I get to use the overspeed warning bong.

Sorry, lots of questions, I know!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your email as i've sent you the 3 bong types Garmin uses.

POILoader assigns the mp3 with the EXACT same name to the GPX file.

To use them just make sure each GPX file has an MP3 file with exactly the same name. So make lots of copies of the MP3 and start renaming them...

i.e.
GATSO.GPX
GATSO.MP3
REDLIGHT.GPX
REDLIGHT.MP3
SPECS.GPX
SPECS.MP3
etc

Then add the MP3s to your POILoader upload folder and upload as normal with the GPX files.
ILoveSatNav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much PaulB, I'll go try it out!
ILoveSatNav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB - sorry to be a pest - I guess I need to rename only the bong files to match the overspeed ones, not all?

i.e.
PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Forty_Overspeed.mp3
PocketGPS_UK_Gatso_Forty_Overspeed.gpx
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's correct. The other voices will need to match the Approach (Proximity) files.
ILoveSatNav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again...
boblister
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I possibly have a copy of the MP3 files as well Paul. I have recently added a Garmin 660 to my collection for use on the bike. Is it possible to set say just the mobiles on a Garmin to silent and only show on the screen. I can do this quite easy on my TomTom.

PaulB2005 wrote:
Check your email as i've sent you the 3 bong types Garmin uses.

POILoader assigns the mp3 with the EXACT same name to the GPX file.

To use them just make sure each GPX file has an MP3 file with exactly the same name. So make lots of copies of the MP3 and start renaming them...

i.e.
GATSO.GPX
GATSO.MP3
REDLIGHT.GPX
REDLIGHT.MP3
SPECS.GPX
SPECS.MP3
etc

Then add the MP3s to your POILoader upload folder and upload as normal with the GPX files.
mjbwatson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Adding voice alerts to Camera Manager downloads Reply with quote

I've loaded the right sox.exe file into the right Garmin folder and it does work (Voice alerts are transferred to my Navigator 3) but in a very clunky way. When I use POI Loader, a warning window comes up telling me that the publisher of sox has no valid digital signature. There is an OK button but the window comes up again (I think it comes up in respect of each Wav file being transferred). Provided I click the OK button each time, all is OK.

Is there any way that POI Loader can run without the warning window coming up and me having to click OK repeatedly?
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think those are window security warnings because I have never seen them in POILoader.

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is Windows, you ought to be able to get the site 'accepted' so that it will work without warnings.
Barncluith
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of the file of the Garmin bongs for my Nuvi so that I can separate out approach and warning. My Nuvi requires wav files for sound so I guess Ii will need to convert from MP3 to wav?
Pipeliner
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask for a copy of the bong files please? Liz's voice is lovely for warning of cameras but having a bong instead for over speed would be better. Its strange but I do get the bong on Gatso variable speed cameras.

I see from the previous replies that you have to name bong files to correspond to the overspeed files, ok. But my overspeed files do not have matching Liz's mp3 files. I have used the separate out option and using Liz's Ash10 files.

Can you please advise why i still get constant camera reminders even when driving at a lower speed than the camera set speed. In fact the top banner only goes green when i stop. Is it my Nuvi 670 causing the problem? I assume the gpx files are used to distinguish between overspeed alarm or not. Could it be that i have constant alerts set on the Garmin?

Sorry about all the questions but would like to sort it out. Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 51 of 77

Jump to: