Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth iO module
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth iO module
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using it with my iPhone 3G 16GB running OS3 and A2DP works fine, sadly the AVRCP still isn't supported by Apple so you cannot skip tracks back/ forwards but the A2DP works a treat without the addaptor - Mike
Tuppe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Am thinking of installing it myself in a Seat Leon so have read through the thread for all the useful info.

Cheers
J2b2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I am using it with my iPhone 3G 16GB running OS3 and A2DP works fine, sadly the AVRCP still isn't supported by Apple so you cannot skip tracks back/ forwards but the A2DP works a treat without the addaptor - Mike

mike whats the quality like compared with an rca connection to the stereo? Currently connected to my stereo via rca leads but would like to go wireless if the quality is there?

cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its just as good as a wired connection without the ugly wires in the car and no possibility of ground loop interference which is always possible with a wired connection - Mike
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for advise as regards the Io Play system that I may get fitted what I would like to know is , if on my Iphone 3g os3.o and i have my Iphone running music and also Navigon running is it possible to FF to next track using the Io Play system?? or is there another way??

thanks
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if on my Iphone 3g os3.o and i have my Iphone running music and also Navigon running is it possible to FF to next track using the Io Play system??

This is about 4 posts up....

mikealder wrote:
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot Paul , much appreciated
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I think I'm jumping to conclusions there...

It appears the additional BT adaptor will allow you to control the iPhone music from the iOPlay.

I guess you can't do it if you stream the music directly from the iPhone without the adapter....

Quote:
Bluetooth® Adaptor for Wirelessly streaming music from your iPod or iPhone(1st Gen). Allows you to remotely skip tracks as well as pausing the iPod.

For 3G iPhone you need the CHarge and Play adaptor.

Quote:
Bluetooth® Adaptor for Wirelessly streaming music from your iPod or iPhone. Allows you to remotely skip tracks as well as pausing the iPod.
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul for info , will look into the item the amount of gadgets around make it mind boggling Laughing
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you get the accessory for the iPhone that has the charger socket as there are two types, the unit I have doesn't have a power socket so the iPhone gets flat very quickly when using it - I will have some details about the BT Addaptor in this thread later today so check back after tea - Mike
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how would you FF a track if you have Navigon running ???
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the iO-BT Addaptor plugged in to the iPhone it adds the AVRCP Bluetooth protocol to the phone so you simply push the fwd/ rev button on the iO-Play controller and the iPhone skips to the next/ previous track as applicable.

In use you start the iPod playing music PRIOR to starting the navigation application, works fine for me but as I only have the iO-BT Addaptor without the power socket I cannot charge the iPhone while using the accessory, running a GPS app and Bluetooth plus the iPod at the same time hammers the battery. This is why I recommend the iO-BT Addaptor with the external power socket rather than what I have been playing with. Bear in mind the iO-BT Addaptor is made by the same people as the iO-Play but it is a seperate accessory, you might find some retails on e-bay selling the iO-Play and iO-BT Addaptor as a combined item thus saving some cash - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I will have some details about the BT Addaptor in this thread later today so check back after tea - Mike

First post in this thread updated to contain additional information about the iO-BTAPOD Addaptor for the iPhone - Mike
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Mike for info
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the adjustable Iphone Brodit holder that has the pass through plug already on it so i presume i just connect the i0-BT Addapter to the bottom of the Brodit holder plug and then connect the power plug to the io-BT Addapter and then slot my Iphone into the brodit holder and that should make me able to change tracks on my Iphone Ipod .

Hope I am correct Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: