Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - S70 3d Queries
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

S70 3d Queries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arimus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: S70 3d Queries Reply with quote

Hi,

My TT910 is on the verge of dying (got abit knocked around when I bent my car) so looking at replacement GPS...

The S70 3d seems to do what I want from reading the navman specs but thought I'd ask here as to what people think of it in general and how well it performs....

As to my specific queries:-

1. Is there a remote control option - I find on some cars the GPS when stuck on the windscreen in a position out of the way tends to be hard to reach...

2. On the 910 in addition to the radio broadcast traffic service it could also use a suitable phone to get traffic info via the internet... does the S70 have this option at all? (I suspect from reading not but if it doesn't is their TMC implementation any better than tom-toms which never seemed to get a signal.)
paul_and_kim
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: some answers Reply with quote

1. Nope, no remote.
2. no the s70 does not have this option, I have set my s70 not to automatically chnge route based on traffic, but to warn me and allow me to make the decision as I found it changed route far to often in morning rush hour traffic
CaptainDrift
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. A remote control will only work on the S-series and not the S-3D range it is an optional accessory
http://ukstore.navmanstores.com/Accessories/S%20Series%20S503D%20S703D/S%20Series%20Remote%20Control___307.htm

2. No it doesnt do this, but the TMC pick up is good ( you will need a T2 module). RDS coverage can be found on
http://www.itisholdings.com/wcore/showdoc.asp?id=688 (transmitter list)
and
http://www.itisholdings.com/wcore/showdoc.asp?id=557 (Broadcast Strength)
Both from the Itis website
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link to the Transmitter list, I guess its time I did an update to the POI file I have for these as it looks like they have added quite a few new stations - guess that will keep me busy for a few hours converting NGR to Lat/ Long (again) Sad - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: