Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 765t GPS update problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

765t GPS update problem

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nchadwick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: 765t GPS update problem Reply with quote

My 765t, which I've had for around 6 months has suddenly developed an annoying problem. When using it it will suddenly display "aquiring satelites" for a couple of seconds then display the grey message box with the words "GPS update complete" then it goes back to "aquiring satelites" but doesn't aquire. It has to be manually switched off and on before it picks up a signal. Although it hadn't done this during the first 6 months it now does it almost every time it is used. It isn't related to a firmware update as I've used it for a month or so since the last update without problems until this week. Tried reinstalling the latest firmware but it is still doing it. Any one else had this or know how to fix it?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read through This Thread, there are plenty of others with the same issue and some information about a possible fix in page three - Mike
liggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Nuvi 765T searching for sattelites Reply with quote

This is the same as I got on my 765T which is only four months old, but the difference is that mine eventually died and I was unable to switch it back on.
I rang Garmin on 0808 2380000 and have had to return it to them. Now without a Satnav for about ten days.
I would give them a ring to see what they say to you, they are in Southampton.
Feek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 3.6 firmware fixes this problem, assuming you can still switch the unit on. If you can't then you have two options.

1) Return it to Garmin to be swapped
2) Remove the back cover (voids the warranty if it's detectable), unplug the battery for a few seconds and then reconnect it.

Number 1) will obviously take a few days, number 2) will allow you to do the firmware update to 3.6

Perhaps this thread can be merged with the main one?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll lock this one and we can continue in this thread

Thread locked

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: