Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition Reviewed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom XL IQ Routes Edition Reviewed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a doddle. Very Happy
Thanks for the prompt reply.
pilk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is IQ2 just part of a map download? Would it work on my old ONE XL with a 2 gig memory card? (i have the western europe map at the moment) and...

what is the difference between the 1gig and 2 gig versions of the western european maps that tomtom are selling at the moment? For a £10 difference do they leave out some of the roads?!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the second question first, they don't leave out roads, but they leave out some examples of other features like rivers and bodies of water, and they also may make curves on roads from fewer straight line segments.

As for whether IQ Routes enabled maps will work on your One XL... good question!
IQ routes are embedded in the map data, but need a compatible software version to work.
To be honest, my memory on this is a bit gappy so I foolishly checked the TT website in the hope it would remind me. Looking on
this page where they offer maps on SD card it says the NON-IQ routes version is suitable for:
* TomTom
GO 300, GO 500, GO 510, GO 710
* TomTom
ONE, ONE 2nd Edition, ONE 1st Edition

and the IQ version is suitable for:
* TomTom
GO 520 , GO 520 Traffic, GO 730, GO 730 Traffic, GO 920, GO 920 Traffic, GO 930 Traffic
* TomTom
GO 530, GO 530 Traffic, GO 630, GO 630 Traffic, GO 930

Oops, did they forget they made the One XL with a card slot???

Hopefully someone else can give a better answer on this one!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XL Classic which is the unit with the SD card slot will not run IQ routes, the easy way to look at IQ capable or not is to check the memory loaded to the device, if its 64MB then its capabale of running IQ Routes, 32MB and it isn't.
In the case of the XL range things have become difficult to work out due to the number of different models - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike...
Was the 32MB/64MB trick worked out by trial and error?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea as to how it worked out, but I have noticed that all devices using IQ Routes have 64MB fitted, look at the XL IQ and XL IQ Live for example, earlier models of XL (non IQ) had 32MB where as the newer ones are 64MB which is the same as the x20/ x30 and x40 units as I recall - Mike
moshchops27
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: TT XL IQ Routes Edition Reply with quote

Hi

I am now the proud owner of an XL IQ routes TT.

One irritation however which does seem to also affect some of the other TT 4.3" models is a graduated shading starting above the car icon/cursor. It is only really slight but noticeable now I have become aware it. It looks like a slight greying of the colours above the icon horizontally across the screen. A darker section starts further above. If you pan out you see more. If you pan in your see less.

I have checked on shop demo models and notice the same effect - so it isn't just my unit.

Anyone else notice this effect?

Also, my drum roll does not always sound at start up. Should this only do it after an update and restart via a computer download?

Cheers
dorsetwurzel
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: TT XL IQ Routes Edition Reply with quote

moshchops27 wrote:
Hi

I am now the proud owner of an XL IQ routes TT.

One irritation however which does seem to also affect some of the other TT 4.3" models is a graduated shading starting above the car icon/cursor. It is only really slight but noticeable now I have become aware it. It looks like a slight greying of the colours above the icon horizontally across the screen. A darker section starts further above. If you pan out you see more. If you pan in your see less.

I have checked on shop demo models and notice the same effect - so it isn't just my unit.

Anyone else notice this effect?

Also, my drum roll does not always sound at start up. Should this only do it after an update and restart via a computer download?

Cheers

On the line accross the screen, I think its an attempt at perspective, ie colours gets darker the further away you look. I also have noticed this but I cant see it when I am driving.

I dont get a drum roll either.

Tim
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed... Drum roll should only happen on a full re-boot, not on normal start-up.

I think they changed the way they address the screen in a recent software 'update', and I could be wrong but it might have made the lines of screen graduation "into the distance" more obvious.
moshchops27
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the confirmation - reasuring that it isn't a dodgy unit!!

Its a shame about the line -'cos they look awful and I can't really see what benefit they actually bring

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: