Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mapshare assistance
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mapshare assistance
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, I nip off to London and come back to all this lot!

The reason I wanted to share the M4 50mph limit with you was for all those people who like to show speed limit alongside speed. I did say I don't need it myself (because I squint out past some of the satnavs and the rest are over the other side, not in the way).

No, AndyV, no way will I be getting GPSFix or Mapshare Corruptions. As for phone calls, I'm making them all the time, no problemo - remember, I got my 700 back!!

Anyway, who are you to talk - TomTom get your 920 and fix it and there's nothing wrong with it and here you are, busted it even worse than before it went away! Are you sure you should be allowed these things? Do they let you have sharp things?

As for crashes, today I popped into London, Great Portland Street and approached via eastbound A40, of no right turn fame. There's no way TT ever gets the A40 right, it once cost me a totally unnecessary congestion charge when it navigated me to turn right onto A40 at a no right turn crossing, with the only choice being ahead into the CC zone. Today, my three devices all gave me different right turns to take and being a scaredypants in that area, I got into the outside lane well in advance and ended up trapped in a right turn only lane the street before the first TT indicated turn (so I turned into the one before Harley Street). Two of the devices then started rotating maps on the spot with the high buildings - now that is scarey!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS, I should have added that IQ routes is historical, not current, so it too is about as impressive as the other two and certainly will take you along the M4 instead of the de-restricted A48 parallel to it. Evil or Very Mad

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
number47uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few people stick to this 50 limit at the moment. How many people notice a speed limit on a motorway? By the number of drivers caught speeding in the 50 mph limit just before the toll booths on the new bridge - not many.

The Welsh Assembly Government has ordered SPECS cameras to be used on this section from early 2010 so look out.

Mike. (near J23A)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: